JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sending texts over LTE only on watch

(Topic created: 09-03-2022 04:32 PM)
sunny28
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I haven't been able to send or receive texts over LTE when not connected to my phone over Bluetooth. Is anyone else having trouble with this. I can go on the internet and stuff and make and receive calls just not texts and this is on Verizon and it says I'm connected to LTE and that I have service. 
They are telling me the cellular plan is only for calls and not texts but I remember my watch 4 being able to send messages over LTE only. 
And advice guys or samsung. 
Sorry this is a watch 5 pro 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to receive or send text on your LTE Galaxy watch 5. As LTE is a carrier feature, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to make sure you watch line is set up correctly. I would also recommend verifying with your watch is set up for number share through your carrier. Give this link a try for more information on Number Share through Verizon: https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/numbershare/

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ktackett1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Make sure you have remote connection turned on and when the LTE is on on your watch make sure there is a cloud that looks like it's raining up and down arrows or else you're not connected to the Google cloud which will sync your texts together
0 Likes
Parappadarappa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having a similar issue. I can make calls and receive texts but cannot send. I am able to stream spotify so there is data. I have turned on remote connection. For some odd reason it feels like a bluetooth bug. For it to occasionally work....I make sure the watch is connected via BT to the phone and everything is in working order.

Than I turn off the BT on the phone than turn off the BT on the watch. When I try that the disconnected icon does not show up on the clock screen.

I am able to text and receive messages on the watch.

Why it is so unstable is beyond me.....this is the 5th generation. Still on the fence if I should return the GW5.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to receive or send text on your LTE Galaxy watch 5. As LTE is a carrier feature, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to make sure you watch line is set up correctly. I would also recommend verifying with your watch is set up for number share through your carrier. Give this link a try for more information on Number Share through Verizon: https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/numbershare/

0 Likes