JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 06-30-2021 05:47 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
442 Replies
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm still trying to get a replacement. Was under warranty did everything right sent in my replacement with receipt. And yes someone on  here has been more helpful than people on the phone. He got me set up for a replacement and I sent watch back a second time becasue they sent it back to me after telling me I cause the water damage and had to pay they sent it back saying receipt invalid nothing wrong with watch. So on 4/13 I sent watch back again and am still waiting and have called over and over. Two days ago I was told my latest ticket number was also cancelled like my 1st one and that a 3rd one would be created and had to be reviewed. Their is nothing to review they said I would get an email the next day which I did not.

So I call back again today and was told no that ticket number was not cancelled everything is set to go your replacement is just waiting to be sent out since 4/13. I was told within 4 business days. They sent my broken watch back so quick but to send me a replacement it's taking a month.  I am so unhappy with Samsung right now it's crazy.

And I am worried about the replacement doing the same thing. I wonder if the Active 2 is any better on the bottom? I would rather have it now. 

Kitbina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
No 👎I have a active 2 less than a year old, sensor fell off, I was able to place it back in but I am disappointed in the value we pay and the backs are coming off so easily.
0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Samsung_fsVAQy2 wrote:

I purchased my Galaxy Watch less than one year ago and technically it's still under warranty. Recently the sensor cover on the back of my watch fell off, so I contacted Samsung to file a claim. I was sent a return label and I returned the watch. Samsung contacted me today to tell me that my warranty has been voided since my watch has liquid damage. I have never submerged my watch in water or even showered with it. The only liquid that could have gotten into the watch is sweat. I'm a paraplegic that uses a manual wheelchair, so sweating is definitely part of my daily routine. The Galaxy watch is a watch that Samsung advertised as one that you can swim in, but mines could not withstand the daily sweat from a paraplegic. I have been a loyal customer of Samsung for several years, spending several thousands of dollars on their products. After the lack of costomer service that I received today I will be taking my future business elsewhere. Samsung asked me to pay $339 to have my watch repaired. I am very disappointed with Samsung and their attempt to take advantage of customers. 

So did they do anything for you. I bought my Galaxy Watch 4/2/19 and gave my husband my Gear S3. I told the person on the one the back sensor piece came off just like all these other people are having problems with. That's when it quit charging and gave me a message about being too hot. I'm so careful with my watch and never shower with it. They are telling me it's but covered and want me to pay 225 bucks.

I am so upset! I know I didn't damage the phone myself. I even have a screen protector on there. I got an email today something about LCD and being out of warranty and having to pay the 225. We have had extra Samsung phone since the 7Edge we switched from HTC and if they don't make this right I'm done with Samsung also. I tried to call them tonight and no one was there. 

Please let me know what that did for you. I told the person on the phone exactly what was wrong and what happened and he said I was under warranty and now the email says I'm not. I don't get it! 

0 Likes
userCQTyLMj27o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

same thing here the cover fell off and now its no longer charging I havent done anything yet because afrer reading all of the comments here the common factor is Samsung will take advanrage of the customers.  does anyone able to fix it on their own? 

userUEs6dpf52U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my smart watch for about a year and a half, and have not had any problems until recently. First, the lens cover to my sensor came off randomly after a day of regular conditions, I was able to pop it back on (but it keeps falling off as expected at that point). Then I put the watch on (after charging on my station that came with the watch), and it started to burn my wrist. I reset the watch waited a day, tried to put it on again and again the wrist burning ensued. I really do love this watch, just upset that it is not holding up (as this watch was not a cheap purchase). I'm at a loss with this situation.....

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:
Did you sustain any injuries?
If so can you also add any images of your concern in the message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userzm5TPNhEGq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I put my Samsung Galaxy Watch on the charger and woke up the next day with the sensor cover off. It had sticky residue on the back and my watch won't charge. I haven't had this watch not even a yr and I loved it but what can I do?

userVVg9zeAz2a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am sorry to hear this happened.  I never heard of something like this happening.

0 Likes
Toot27
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here after 9 months. happened 3 days ago

luckily I had Best Buy warranty, they replaced it

looks like common issue. unfortunately, I expec it to happen again

user35wc54gJes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same exact thing happened to me and they want me to pay for water damage that wouldn't have happened had the cover (that's not supposed to fall off) not fallen off.