JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 06-30-2021 05:47 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
442 Replies
userFBxVw5XFIe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

20200630_205540.jpg

This happen to me as well. I was walking and when I came home the back cover came off, but everything works correctly. This is obviously an issue if you can find so many posts about this issue. I am out of warrenty and I do not know what to do. It is fustrating reading in this thread that Samsung is basically asking us to pay the full price of the watch to have them fix this issue.

userZp20hq9qcw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My sensor cover fell off within 2 months. Had it repaired by Samsung and 2 months later it falls off again! This watch is quite pricey though it's so flimsy

user5kHTJFuLPG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My sensor fell of this morning. This is my 2nd Samsung watch (sold it when I upgraded to my current watch. I also tried to stick it back on but as you all know, it didn't work. How do I send it in for repairs? Would be great if Samsung had a repair kit available.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

I will be happy to look into this for you. Please send a private message with the model code, the serial number, and any images you have of the back of the watch and the cover. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AmB-F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine fell off and now won't hold a charge 

MODEL NUMBER: SM-R810<edit>

0 Likes
useroCx3iZwywM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue for me. The back cover over the sensor just came off, leaking goo everywhere.

0 Likes
useraJcoyjLlYb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my Galaxy watch 5 months and until recently have loved it. 

Recently my hr sensor cover fell off and the watch died.  After leaving it alone overnight the watch has revived but the battery drains in under an hour.

I've read the other posts regarding this issue and the repsonse/non response from Samsung regarding this and I'm extremely disappointed and angry.  I have sent a private email to Samsung as requested regarding this issue and have received no response.

I have not swam with this watch or gotten it wet even though these are activities advertised as features.  I do exercise with the watch on and of course sweat which should be completely acceptable with a wearable that has exercise tracking.  Frankly if you can't exercise with the galaxy watch then what is it good for?

At this point if I don't get a timely and helpful response from Samsung I am prepared to post a negative review on Amazon where I purchased the watch and pursue other avenues.

useriq0NqtWiId
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is my third Samsung Galaxy watch and all three have done the same thing. I don't swim with the watch and only exercise. It's supposed to be water resistant anyway. I guess I am completely stupid for buying 3 watches but I love everything else about it, especially because I have been a loyal Samsung phone user. Now my third watch is out of warranty and they want to charge me to repair it. This is obviously a problem with these watches based on the forum. I plan to hit up every moderator here until I get a resolution!!! Do you think it would be possible to form a class action suit. These watches are terribly expensive. My watch info:

Galaxy Watch (42mm) Serial# SM-R810NZKAXAR IMEI# R5AKB0P6EFZ

Gear S2 Model# SM-720 Serial# RFAJ60786ZH 

Gear S2 Model# SM-R7200ZKAXAR IMEI# RFAH703DMFD

Rowan876
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is my second one that has the very same thing happen in less than a year.  I must admit that I work out in mine every day and so there is a lot of sweat.  The first time it happened within 4 months of purchase.  Now, It was fixed and sent back and little under a year, it happens again.  NOw this is clearly a defect on the part of the manufacturer.  I called them and they've escalated my issue as I told them i am not interested in having it replaced or fixed, I want something different that doesnt have that similar sensor cover.  This is quite a disappointment since swimming, climbing, training, running are all features advertised by Samsung that this watch an be used for.

userNfdIus3GjD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch 42mm that I have only had a year (it was a gift). The back sensor cover fell off and now it will not charge. 

I have seen other comments on this forum regarding the back sensor cover, and I have no idea how to get it replaced or repaired.  Where do I get this fixed? Apparently it was purchased at Costco.

0 Likes