JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 06-30-2021 05:47 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
442 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number or IMEI number. I will be happy to look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GreenSlackey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem with my Galaxy watch my wife purchased for me a little over a year ago for $350.94 . The cover on the back of the watch came off, I sent it in for repairs and paid the "initial repair fee" of $81.12 and due to "water damage" they're now asking for $246.85. A brand new Galaxy Watch would cost $179. Why would I pay nearly the same cost as the original watch cost, when the watch couldn't have been well made if the adhesive holding the sensor cover comes off after just a year's worth of normal usage? I had loved Samsung, but this is absolutely absurd! I fully acknowledge there's a price for parts, but if the adhesive was capable of actually staying, there wouldn't have been any damage. And for a $350 product to be completely useless and needing a main board replacement and everything else they're charging, I can understand why there's only a 1 year warranty on it. Not even worth paying the $81 for new adhesive, and certainly not anything I'd be proud to own if it needs to be replaced every year. 

Barfalamule
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This same thing happened to me. I sent it to Samsung after they told me they could fix it since I was in the one year warranty. After they received it, they sent me an email saying it was out of warranty due to water damage. The water-resistant watch had water damage. They told me they would fix it for $280 which for an adhesive is absurd. They sent it back to me (Unfixed) and now it won't even turn back on. I don't know what happened when they had it but this is the last time I will ever buy from Samsung.

userFyff6a4Kay
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened to me, it's been around 2 user using my watch and the adhesive from the lid the just fell of, after seeing all the messages here, it's probably just best to get an apple watch, fitbit or Huawei watch, since my previous experience have been terrible with Samsung support, hence the Samsun Duo Pad, which I had to pay to get them the device since I'm outside the US, and new unit came back with same issues. 

0 Likes
userS14AsftFDU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bought a Galaxy watch.. Never seen abit of water but the back glass on the heart rate sensor has fallen off. Wrist was smeared with glue which stuck the glass to my hand. I'm thankful for that at least as the glass would have been lost.

What I saw is they use a 2 sided adhesive to hold that glass in place. That glue becomes gummy and the glass essentially drops off.

My watch has seen zero water aside from sweat but the watch is water resistant so that shouldnt play an impact.

After reading all the posts this is definitly a design issue. I was floored on Samsungs response.

I crazy glued my sensor glass back on.

0 Likes
userIdKQuafEMs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine has fallen off as others described, have had it less than a year and never remotely gotten it wet (sadly barely even sweat with it, lol) I see only a couple of people that glued it back on....one with crazy glue and one with "black silicone adhesive" Any of you out there having luck with this? Has it held up? Watch still working? Also I have had bad wrist pain - does anyone have pain they suspect could be linked to this issue? Seems like nerve issues. Sounds like this device is a mess and Samsung's response is even more of a mess. I'm still paying my device off and can't even use it and am angry that there appears to be a known defect and that it's also potential harmful/dangerous.
0 Likes
Evonn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having the same issue as well.
this is my second watch and the same thing is happening.
I will keep taking back and getting a new one till they say I can't.
0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well my issue happened a week before my warranty was going to run out. And mine had no liquid damage whatsoever which is what they tried to tell me In the end I got a refurb and watch they sent me another one. But I didn't think I was going to get one of my husband not too long after bought me an Active 2 and I like it much better. I also have an old gear S3 that was my first smartwatch it's big I gave it to my husband and I recently heard the new s21's may not work with the gear S2 or 3 I wasn't really sure so I got him the newest Galaxy watch 3 because there was a sale and a good trade-in. And now we're getting new next week for pre-order on the S21s I said I wouldn't buy Samsung ever again but since they ended up finally sending me a watch I changed my mind and that all had to do with somebody on here that was so helpful..
0 Likes
bksab1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just had the same issue. The back fell off with no water damage. Very disappointed. I love my watch active 2.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. If you would like to set up service repairs for the watch or would like more information on a service repair, please call 1-800-786-7864. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes