Original topic:

Setup Galaxy Watch 7 for child.

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
3GL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Has anyone successfully setup a child account and successfully configured a watch using the child account? I tried but could not get far due to the account being age restricted. I was told by customer support that they needed to be at least 13 for the watch to work with a Samsung account. Which means I can't create the account as a parent, so I recreated the child account separately and made their age at least 13. I invited them to the family group and shared location, but could not get the watch to login to Samsung Find. Additionally I had to use another phone to do all of this, which some people might not have.

Ultimately I was hoping for a similar experience like Apple were a watch can be setup for a family member. I don't want to be required to have a separate phone. I did try setting the watch up with my S23U but couldn't select a different account.
1 Reply
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you try switching to the child’s account on the phone and then completing the setup? I have not tried it, but since the wearable app uses the active Samsung account profile on the phone, it may be possible to do it that way.
0 Likes