Original topic:

Shortcode texts

(Topic created: 07-06-2024 03:14 PM)
SamGooMicroFee1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
On my new Galaxy 6 watch, I immediately began receiving unwanted shortcode texts, particularly shortcode "128." These 128's have no content. They're blank. A couple of others from retailers I was able to text STOP and unsubscribe. These texts do not appear on my paired Galaxy phone, only on the watch. My carrier tried everything to no avail. They told me the 128 is not one of their shortcodes. They believe it is a system error, and noticed when they checked this forum that others also reported receiving 128. The watch should not be receiving any shortcodes at all. We did a factory reset on the watch because they felt it was originally set up incorrectly. I'm waiting now 7 days to see what happens. 
Also, when I tapped on any text, even legitimate ones, on the watch, and chose "manage on phone," it strangely opens up the Quick Notice menu page in the Wear app.
They recommended I post this as an FYI notice.
Addendum: My carrier was unable to identify these 128s as incoming texts which should have showed also on the companion phone. They believe it is an internal system error that may be from the watch not having been originally set up properly. I guess the 7 days will tell.
0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamGooMicroFee1 Is your GW 6 an LTE device? 

0 Likes
SamGooMicroFee1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think so. When I pull down on the watch screen, it says 4G LTE next to the bars.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would guess that these short code messages are sent to the number assigned to the watch. That is probably why you don't see them sent to the phone.
0 Likes
SamGooMicroFee1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks. However, the watches are not supposed to receive shortcodes at all, and the stand-alone watch number can not actually function. It's just a billing number. It's paired to the companion phone number. If the reset fails and Samsung tech can't resolve it, the carrier will replace the watch.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
That is probably true if your carrier provides the numbed correctly.