Original topic:

*Solution* to "Seems like you've finished. Stop work out?"

(Topic created: yesterday)
Options
Galaxy Watch

When recording workout watch constantly stops and message comes up "seems like you've finished. Stop workout?". Super annoying. I have a galaxy watch 4. What corrected for me was to install 6.0 software. Then I disabled the wrist detection setting ( only can be done on the watch itself) settings>security and privacy>wrist detection. If you have wrist detection then you probably don't need 6.0 but if you don't then you will need to download it. 

Solved for now until they fix it permanently. 
7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
My workouts auto pause if I stop. If I stop for too long, it will ask if I'm done. Not sure of the pause period, but im never really bothered by it, because if i get the message and im not done, I just start moving. If I am done, I ignore it and the routine ends. You don't want it to be in standby while you wait 10 minutes for a treadmill to be free. If you are outdoors biking , running or ealking and waiting for a traffic signal, just tell rhe watch you are not done you can turn on auto pause from within the workout screen in the health app.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
The issue is it does it when y I am not stopped. Does it constantly. Multiple times in a minute which is really annoying. It is because I have tattoos which messes with the sensor. Known issue with galaxy watch
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh okay I don't have tattoos but the turning off wrist detection has been around for quite a while for people with tattoos. I did not realize that it also affected the workouts.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Makes sense. Wasn't sure if that was available with the 4. The biggest issue is this only started with a recent update and there isn't one post that says to disable. It has been a couple months now so not sure what Samsung did when that update came out but from what I can tell anyone with tattoos got **bleep**.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you wearing the watch snugly enough?  If it's not snug, the sensors can't read, tattoos or no tattoos.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also, you got a 6.0 update for the watch 4? I didn't. I'm still on 5.0

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes the watch is snug. Once the update came out my watch started to mess up. I have been on forums and tech support a number of times. Once tech support asked if I had tattoos I initially ignored it because it was " obvious" it was a software issue. Then I checked the operation of the wrist sensor and it keeps failing when over tattoos. That is when I disabled that feature and for the first time in months I didn't have any issues..

For 6.0 I signed up for the beta which took 2 minutes and installed it on my watch. I did it through Samsung members app.
0 Likes