JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trying to "Transfer without reset " to new phone.

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 02:56 AM)
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have my shiny new Z Fold 5 and I want transfer my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, with the new feature that you don't have reset the watch. I can't get it to work. I thought before I do the oh so inconvenient reset, that I'd see if others had experienced this problem and solved it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I got a rep on the phone. We worked through it. I had to uninstall and reinstall the Wearable app from the phone and the very real "transfer without resetting" process worked.

View solution in context

9 Replies
rugby49
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Pretty sure if pairing with a new phone you have to do a reset.

dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My question isn't whether this is a feature or not. I already know that it is. I'm looking for help in making it work. There is UI on the phone and watch that guides but something is making it fail.

For reference of this NEW change:

https://samlover.com/2023/06/08/one-ui-watch-5-allows-you-to-transfer-watch-to-another-device-withou...
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree, resetting seems like the only way to go
0 Likes
Swytch58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe try to unpair it from your old phone and then see if it lets you pair it with the new one.
ali676
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Excited about my Z Fold 5, I attempted to transfer my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro without resetting it, but I faced issues. Seeking solutions before resorting to a reset, I looked for similar experiences. Meanwhile, I also contemplated options like contacting a reliable scrap car buyer in Brisbane for an old vehicle disposal solution.

Solution
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I got a rep on the phone. We worked through it. I had to uninstall and reinstall the Wearable app from the phone and the very real "transfer without resetting" process worked.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Apologies for just now seeing this! 😞 I would have been able to fix this for you pretty quickly lol. Glad you got everything working as expected! This is an awesome feature.  

dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Would you have suggested the uninstall/reinstall Wearables app tactic? 🙂
0 Likes
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It really is awesome. I hope more people learn about it!
0 Likes