Original topic:

W5P hand gesture not so good for cycling.

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Curious if anyone uses their watch to track cycling activities. I've recently had enabled the hand gesture and have the knock knock set to turn on the flash lights. For some reason during my cycling rides I've been noticing that the flash light comes on randomly when I'm riding. What sucks is when i press the side buttons to turn off the flashlight it pauses the activities (can't remember which button I press). Sucks because I sometimes spend more time riding than looking at my watch to notice the activity was paused. Luckily I used my Garmin bike computer to track my rides. Just thought I would use my watch and sync it to Samsung Health for fun. 
0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@TonyTypeS Just looked to see if you could disable the hand gestures while biking using a routine. You can set up a routine to detect biking but I couldn't find how you could toggle hand gestures after that. 

0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I haven't really looked much into routines as I just use my watch as a basic smart watch to tell time and receive notifications. I have auto exercise detect on, but I do manually select the activity in the tiles before I ride. I ride both mountain bikes and road bikes, but the watch will only detects regular cycling and not mountain bike. I wish there was a quick option to turn on/off hand gesture without having to go into the watch settings.
0 Likes