JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 5 Pro No Contacts for Emergency

(Topic created: 01-05-2023 02:26 PM)
userdWwSwVV65W
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
How can I add contacts to the emergency feature? I see contacts in the Contacts app on the watch, but no contacts show up to enable the emergency notifications. 
9 Replies
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Open the Galaxy wearable app and select your watch then scroll down to watch settings then scroll down to safety and emergency then click on emergency contacts and you should be able to add them

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
userdWwSwVV65W
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No joy, the Contacts are blank in the Wear app when trying to add them to the emergency contacts.
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK try this open your phone settings then scroll down to safety and emergency then click emergency contacts and you should have a + add memberScreenshot_20230102_200531_Contacts_1000005220_1672707931.jpg

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
userdWwSwVV65W
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
They are blank on my phone as well. But I see contacts in the Contacts app. I'm using Outlook to manage contacts if that helps. Screenshot_20230102_201450_Contacts.jpg
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
So your not using the default contact app

userdWwSwVV65W
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do use the default Contacts app, but it syncs with Outlook.
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's strange your contacts should be showing up

userdWwSwVV65W
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Agree
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with being unable to add emergency contacts for your Galaxy watch 5 pro. After verifying with our device the steps @GaryB82 provided are the correct steps. If you are still unable to add the contacts, I would recommend resetting your watch and trying to add them again. Give this link a try for steps to properly reset your Galaxy watch 5 pro: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend contacting our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 so they can remote into your device and get a hands on look at the symptoms you are experiencing.

0 Likes