JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 6 - Bring Back Theater Mode in Quick Panel

(Topic created: 09-08-2023 08:08 AM)
NotTheTodd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Bring back Theater Mode! The new unified modes button sucks and for some reason has to sync with my phone? My watch should be able to use theater and sleep mode independently of my phone.

This only recently changed.

Samsung please change it back!
19 Replies
Letsgo55
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch 6 theater mode has 1,2,3,4 hours option and can change them from watch easily without turning on sync with phone.

0 Likes
NotTheTodd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Don't install any updates. This changed for me sometime in the last few weeks likely via an auto update
Letsgo55
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

is yours LTE version? mine is a wifi version

0 Likes
NotTheTodd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wifi only
0 Likes
Letsgo55
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I see, what is happening is you have sync with phone on, on your watch settings, when i turn sync with phone on from watch, i face the same thing but sync with phone off no issues

0 Likes
NotTheTodd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine is off. But it doesn't roll back to the old functionality. The dedicated theater mode toggle is gone from quick panel and the theater mode under the modes button uses whatever it made me set up from the phone.
NotTheTodd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I see what you're saying now. If I go into the settings menu and turn the mode on from there it does let me set how long it should be on for. But I've always used it from the quick panel (pull down) so burying it in settings like this definitely sucks
NotTheTodd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Alright. I have a workaround. With Sync Modes With Phone disabled, if I LONG PRESS the modes button in quick panel and then choose theater mode, it prompts me for how long just like it used to. Definitely a BIG step back in interface design / intuitiveness but at least I can almost do what I used to.
0 Likes
Letsgo55
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yup many ppl not liking the new quick panel setting for modes, an extra step

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes