Original topic:

Watch Ultra/All Wear OS Barometer/ Altimeter Calibration

(Topic created: 08-26-2024 01:59 PM)
DarthTrucker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've spent the past 30 minutes looking for a way to calibrate the barometer that all Galaxy watches have, but no one seems to have an answer. Has anyone here figured out how to do it? And no, the compass calibration procedure does not calibrate the barometer. 
0 Likes
35 Replies
DarthTrucker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks. Will do, though I try to avoid FL. Not a great place to drive 18 wheelers. Extremely limited parking, very heavy congestion, too many terrible drivers, and very poor paying loads leaving the state. It's a shame because I spent 10 years of my childhood in Central Florida...in Poinciana when it was new and later in Seminole county. I used to love Melbourne Beach when I was a kid. Don't know about now, but back in the early '90s it was clean, uncrowded, and had good surf.

I "live" in Colorado Springs now, but I'm rarely home. Sometime close to the start of 2026 I will be coming off the road and working locally, so feel free to shoot me a message if you're going to be anywhere in the Denver / Colorado Springs area after next year.
0 Likes
FireHunter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi. I have a new Galaxy Ultra Watch. As a pilot, it helps to see barometric readings. Albeit this can't be a true indicator for altitude, that's what the planes Certified altimeter is for, having a barometer handy for cross checking is interesting... If these sensors are accurate anyway. I added the barometer to my watch face, but the number 29inMg never changes. In real life, It's upwards of 30inMg right now. I looked everywhere to see if there was a way to calibrate the barometer within the watch menus. A Google search points to the Ali-Barometer app but the galaxy app store says my Ultra watch isn't compatible with that app.

I contacted a Samsung care professional. They couldn't help me. Any ideas to make barometer functionality work? Is there a new Alti-Barometer app that's compatible with the new Ultra Watch? 
FireHunter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here's my custom watch face... Touching the barometric reading does nothing. Touching any other icon such as the compass or wind direction brings me to the appropriate function.20240826_140016_7710_1724698842.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@FireHunter I haven't seen a way to calibrate the barometric sensor directly. 

Based on the information in the following article, I would assume that it uses GPS data to get the latest barometric info for that location. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003198/#:~:text=Your%20Samsung%20smartwatch'...

LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@FireHunter I'm guessing the app that they refer to is only compatible with pre-Wear OS devices like the Watch 3 and earlier. 

0 Likes
FireHunter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was guessing that it was using GPS, but if you check out the Compass app, it shows your current latitude and Longitude. Mine are accurate coordinates. The compass app also shows an altitude. The altitude as shown on Google Earth and a US Topo Map for my coordinates is around 800' MSL here. The app is showing 839' and fluctuated 10-15' over time today. Makes me think it's using the internal pressure sensor... Which isn't calibrated. Not sure tho. I've researched this and can't figure it out. Samsung doesnt know either. Could be that the watch is so new, they didn't think of people actually using altitude? Not sure.
0 Likes