JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why can't I get the Galaxy store or galaxy wearable app on my Galaxy watch 5 pro

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 10:38 AM)
cliffmh1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't understand this
8 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Because they switch to Google OS and you have too use the Google store now and there's no wearable app to install on the watch you only need the wearable app on your phone

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
cliffmh1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do I delete the wearable app on my Galaxy S23 Ultra and get the Google OS app?
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Watch
No you need the wearable app on your phone and don't need the Google os app

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
cliffmh1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok, thank you for the guidance. I appreciate it
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Watch
Your welcome it was easier when it was tizen on the watches with the Galaxy store and all

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You need the wearable app on your phone to link your watch & phone and to be able to control your watch settings.  The Samsung store is still available on your phone, but not your watch because of the transition to Google's OS.  There are still apps in the Samsung store for the phone, but not the watch, as anything meant as enhancements to the watch will be run through the Wear app and installed to your phone.

Your watch will have access to the Google Play store, where you can download apps for/to your watch, either directly from the watch or from any instance of Google Play by selecting install to watch (if there is a companion app available.)  The Wear app only exists on your phone. Google Play should already be on your watch, if it is not, you can download it to the watch from the Play store on your phone.

Hope this is more clear for you.

cliffmh1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for explaining, I had forgotten about the switch to Google's OS.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you would be so kind as to mark my response as the solution.