Original topic:

Hinge wobble

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 02:10 PM)
userICD6PLeMy7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

When fully open my z flip 5 has a wobble at the hinge. You can push it back further once fully open. Has anyone else experienced this? I just came from an iPhone and I'm regretting it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This is 100% normal. Trust me, I've been to the QA lab in Suwon where Samsung tests their devices. These foldables are some of the most durable on the market, and undergo rigorous testing like this (and much more). That being said, you should always take great care when you have the inner screen open.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
userICD6PLeMy7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I didn't want to bend it back but I noticed when I had the phone full open I felt a wobble at the hinge and was like . So I gave it a slight bend back and it does indeed go back and forth.

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This is 100% normal. Trust me, I've been to the QA lab in Suwon where Samsung tests their devices. These foldables are some of the most durable on the market, and undergo rigorous testing like this (and much more). That being said, you should always take great care when you have the inner screen open.
0 Likes
userICD6PLeMy7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm still in full panic mode...
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It is normal for the Z Flip 5 this year. They probably did this to make it easier to open and close since last years Flip4 was relatively stiff.
userVnehJ3yXgj
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Got my Z flip a couple of days ago and have noticed that the hinge feels a lot less rigid than the z flip 4 when I feel them side to side. 

I know the hinge design is different on the 5 but should it feel so loose and less than stellar compares to the prior design?
0 Likes
phatdiamond
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I didn't have the Flip 4 but mine is very tight. I have to use 2 hands to open it and with some strength behind it.
0 Likes
O4liberty
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My hindge is solid no movement at all
0 Likes
userICD6PLeMy7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Mine is probably defective, but Samsung has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.
0 Likes