JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trying to turn on location in a routine

(Topic created: 09-05-2023 12:44 PM)
userFS6kaZeRKd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I do not have location turned on most of the time but when I connect to android auto I have to manually turn on location. I set up a routine that IF the Bluetooth is connected to my Toyota truck THEN turn on location. It does not work. Any ideas why? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
If the Routine is correct, try restarting your phone. It may take a reboot to take effect. I just made a Routine for my Buds 2 Pro to turn on location when connected and it worked.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
If the Routine is correct, try restarting your phone. It may take a reboot to take effect. I just made a Routine for my Buds 2 Pro to turn on location when connected and it worked.
userFS6kaZeRKd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I restarted the phone and that worked. I just checked it out and my location came on when the truck auto connected via Bluetooth.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Awesome! I suspected that might work lol. Sometimes it needs a restart, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't really figured out why. 😅

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@userFS6kaZeRKd Another thing to check is to confirm that Android Auto has permission to use location. You can check this in phone settings -> Apps -> Android Auto -> Permissions

0 Likes
userFS6kaZeRKd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It has location permission.
0 Likes