JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

(Topic created: 10-19-2018 12:28 AM)
userKFvG0X4pqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear S3 Classic since sometime around last summer (so not even a year now, bought it new), and prior to a few days ago it had pretty good batter life. I could get close to two days between charges. As of yesterday however, this is no longer the case. By 1 PM it was at about 60%. I generally only put about 7K steps/15-20 flights of stairs a day on it a day, and 60% is something that I am used to seeing close to bedtime, not right after lunch. Today I've been confined to my desk most of the day and currently only have about 2K steps/10 flights of stairs, and the battery is sitting at 48%. I've restarted the watch several times and it is still draining battery at 3-4 times the rate that it was.

Anyone else seeing an issue like this?

530 Replies
Mortenhoe
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Disable dynamic workout detection in S health. Everybody seems to ignore my posts. Its the problem!

user3b2dgrvqpy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It worked for me!

Thanks mate.

0 Likes
usertKOfltZ8KB
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Mortenhoe wrote:

Disable dynamic workout detection in S health. Everybody seems to ignore my posts. Its the problem!

hi mate,

Could you please tell us what Gear Wearable app version and Gear S plugin version you`re at?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Mortenhoe
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@usertKOfltZ8KB wrote:

@Mortenhoe wrote:

hi mate,

Could you please tell us what Gear Wearable app version and Gear S plugin version you`re at?

Thanks!

I'm in Denmark and using

Gear app 2.2.21.18080361

Gear S 2.2.03.18083051

And with Dynamic workout detection disabled I get 2 full days on my watch. Maybe a little more. And better battery on my S7 phone . With DWD enabled my watch drains within 8-10 hours.

useruPfB4BZ7sO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Hi, I cannot find this setting, please explain. Thanks
0 Likes
Vin79
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here. But my only change was upgrading my phone from Gs7 edge to the Note 9. I was starting to think that BTLE wasn't working or that there's a BT problem in general. Worked great before resetting to pair with my new Note 9.

I had to switch back to my HW2. I'm going to try my Gear S2 classic and see if it's the same quick drain battery.

0 Likes
DeoreDX
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I too was having battery draining issuses just over night since Monday.  M-Tu-Wed all saw me waking up with a dead or very low battery.  Last night charged it to 100% before bed.  Woke up with 97%.  I didn't do anythign to my watch it just sort of fixed itself.

0 Likes
user8JKDlzaL9e
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It's all fine Samsung have already said they are aware and the fix will come out in the coming weeks, after all it's only a few of us and who doesn't mind waiting a few weeks, lets be honest the S3 wasn't really expensive and rather than moan why not just take your charger to work with you and charge it a couple of times during the day. I'm super impressed with the support from Samsung they even managed to resolve the issue (it's marked resolved)

Anyway there's a new Glaxay Watch out so why not buy that one. Personally I've had my Frontier from new for 4 months it must be time to upgrade anyway.  

0 Likes
user0JE9GgZhAi
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Logging in on my Samsung account seams to have done the trick for me. I´ve a Classic and a Frontier that both had this problem starting this Monday. After logging in to my Samsung acount and approve the agreements again all is back to normal on both watches. Hope this can be a help for you all. I´m in Sweden by the way 🙂

0 Likes
userlyiUZkZ4Um
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This...

For some people, $300 is a lot of money and upgrading every 4 months is not an option. 

And the issue is not resolved. This thread went from 9 pages yesterday morning to over 30 today. Maybe some folks are fortunate (and technically saavy) enough to have figured out a work-around, but that should never have been necessary to being with. 

I've currently got my watch set on Power Saving since the battery drain started earlier this week. I charge my watch every evening and now wake up to around 85% to 90% battery capacity. Power Saving definitely helps keep enough juice to last the day, but I've pretty much lost all the perks of having this watch by using that mode. 

I've re-set to factory settings, turned off WIFI, and followed a number of recommendations found here. Unfortuantely, my watch continues to struggle with holding a charge. A software fix in the upcoming weeks cannot come soon enough.

0 Likes