JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it possible to download a vpn for smart tv?

(Topic created: 01-23-2024 07:48 PM)
justjustinagain971
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Is it possible to download a VPN app for a smart TV? You can surf the web on TV's and was wondering if there was a way to be safer doing so.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@justjustinagain971 There may be a way to enable that on some Tvs but many don't have that option. The solution for that is to setup your router to use a VPN. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@justjustinagain971 There may be a way to enable that on some Tvs but many don't have that option. The solution for that is to setup your router to use a VPN. 

justjustinagain971
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Didn't know that was possible. All carriers offer this option.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Most ISPs don't offer any support in setting something like this up. You certainly can ask. You would probably need to find the User guide for your router and determine if it supports VPN settings directly.
justjustinagain971
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I'll dig into my spectrum app and see what is an option. I appreciate it friend!
0 Likes
DrywallNinja879
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You actually trust VPNs? I remember when they first came out. I tried one back then and it was like I went back in time to the "dial-up" days. Could barely get websites to load at all. Skip ahead several years, I decided to try again to see if they've gotten any better...had the exact same problem. I've come to the conclusion that VPNs are not what they say they are. Suppose to keep you hidden without impacting internet performance....WRONG.
0 Likes