JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Samsung TV can not connect to server

(Topic created: 09-06-2020 05:16 PM)
userbDD5M3XPeD
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We just bought a new Samsung TV and I keep getting a message saying it can not connect to server when I try to sign in. Or I get that the server is under maintenance? I cannot get to Netflix, any apps or anything. We bought this Tv because it is supposed to be a smart TV but it's not very smart and no help is available. I tried reset the TV and that did nothing any suggestions.

6 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Check your network connection on your router. Open the interface to see if you Tv is showing up as when you try to connect. Try a hardwire connection with a Network cable see if it connects.. And lastly Try a factory reset on the TV and reenter your network settings.
0 Likes
userd3qgccqRwh
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

just putting this up because I've had endless issues with just this until right now... I had internet access but apps told me they Couldn't  connect to Samsung server and then streaming apps wouldn't work via WiFi. 

Had Samsung technicians at my house. They did less troubleshooting than I did, changed my Pc board, gave up... and on the way out told me that my 100mb fiber line

Had to be the issue.. lol...

Do you possibly have multiple routers in your house? 
1. Change your LAN IP address on your router to 192.168."1-254".1 

2. Change your channel under wireless settings from default 11 to 6 or 1.

I'm in RSA. Hope this helps

0 Likes
Solution
user7MGIcNFxeK
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had the same issue on three TV's. I logged into my Samsung account to make sure the products were registered, they weren't. I then registered them using the serial numbers and in the case of an older TV, I had to use the serial and model number. Once registered, go back to the TV remote and select Settings/General/System Manager/Samsung Account. If you created an account, it will be visible. if you are logged in,  you will see a blue circle with a white checkmark. If not, go to Add Account and sign-in sing your Samsung user id and password. I was then able to connect to the Samsung Server.

Hope this helps you as it did me.

userlYwtlCVPkT
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Tried what you suggested. It did not work for me. I cannot change channels or change volume on my samsung tv. It give me not available messages or servers not available. my wifi and internet is rock solid. The house is full of devices and only this tv has issues. Voice remote doesn't work either. How can you set sleep timer with no voice remote?  I tried using different remotes with same results. Looking at this community, seems to be a lot of ppl with same/similar issues across many tv models across many years. My tv worked fine for 3 years and now is unusable due to all these issues.  Samsung techs have spent hours on the phone try this, try that, no results.  How disappointing.  Wonderful picture. Too bad you can't change channels or volume or have it turn off by timer.  Useless tv now. Any ideas? 

userS8BFGrK8BS
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello.  I bought my Samsung in 2018 and have the exact problem- unable to connect to the  Samsung server, no Netflix or any other apps, and no volume control. I tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked. I also tried changing the address in the network settings to 8.8.8.8 but there was no option to change the number from 0.0.0.0.  Were you ever able to fix it?

0 Likes
useraxVq1x0cvb
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey, hopefully you kept your TV.

Hate to say it, but I had to do a couple things. More than likely for you, it's because your ISP auto-blocks ads and such.. that's effectively what mine was doing.

(1) I had to reset my TV. It was somewhere in the main settings screen.

(2) I had to reconnect to my Wi-Fi network, skipping all other initial setup-prompts.

(3) I went into Network settings, viewed the configurations, and changed my DNS to be manually set instead of automatic and set the address to Quad-8 (8.8.8.8).

(4) I finagled my way to signing the Terms and Conditions.

(5) After that, everything else worked like a charm. I could set everything back to the way it was, changing DNS, the whole nine. Stinks that I had to basically rebuild my old setup.. if there's an easier way to set DNS and agree to the T&C, please post so the less tech-savvy can more easily accomplish this. I spent easily two or three hours troubleshooting every last little thing on my network.

Best of luck to you.

- Gen

0 Likes