JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Device pop up messages asking to connect.

(Topic created: 01-15-2024 11:16 AM)
aubreywan
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have a 65" Crystal UHD TV.  Only 1 month old.  I keep receiving these smart device request pop-ups & I KNOW they are not coming from me. 

My questions:
- Why are they happening?
- How can I tell what devices they are?
- How can I stop these requests?
       -If I turn off the notifications, they will connect automatically.  It says so in the menu option.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello @aubreywan! I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. This pop-up appears as a connection request from an unregistered device named "Smart Device." This issue is caused when the Facebook mobile app is running on a nearby phone.

This issue is caused when the Facebook mobile app is running on a nearby device or devices connected to your Wi-Fi. An example would be if you live in an apartment complex, your neighbor's device could be making the popup appear. Facebook is currently checking into this issue, and it will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, you can prevent the pop-up by closing the Facebook app on any of your phones. This does not mean you can't use Facebook, but for now, while it is running the message may pop up.

View solution in context

3 Replies
userj8KkZXwh0p
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I think there is an option to only allow devices that are connected to the same network.
0 Likes
aubreywan
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Sorry.  I've not seen that option.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello @aubreywan! I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. This pop-up appears as a connection request from an unregistered device named "Smart Device." This issue is caused when the Facebook mobile app is running on a nearby phone.

This issue is caused when the Facebook mobile app is running on a nearby device or devices connected to your Wi-Fi. An example would be if you live in an apartment complex, your neighbor's device could be making the popup appear. Facebook is currently checking into this issue, and it will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, you can prevent the pop-up by closing the Facebook app on any of your phones. This does not mean you can't use Facebook, but for now, while it is running the message may pop up.