Updating your television can be frustrating. Here are a few steps to help with downloading the firmware from the Samsung website to your USB drive. To begin this process you will need three things:
- A USB Flash Drive with the storage capacity large enough for the firmware file.
- A computer with internet connection
- A compressed file extraction program.
To download the firmware for your TV, follow these steps:
- Visit the Samsung Download Center for your model. (For example http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/4k-suhd-tvs/65-class-ks9800-9-series-curved-4... and selecting SUPPORT and SEE ALL SUPPORT)
- After searching for your model number, locate the firmware download for your TV, and then select the .exe file in the firmware section. (This will be under PRODUCT INFO and DOWNLOADS)
- After clicking on the .exe file you may see a security warning similar to the image below. Click "Save".
- Select the folder you would like to save the file to. We recommend the Desktop. Then click "Save"
- The file will download. When finished, locate the file on your Desktop and double-click the file to "Run".
- WinZip or a similar compressed file extraction program will open, Click "Browse..." and select the folder you would like the firmware saved to. Again we recommend the Desktop.
- WinZip will extract the files. The number of files will depend on the firmware. Click "Ok" and close WinZip.
- You will now have a folder(s) in your selected save location (the Desktop). Copy or move that folder(s) to your USB flash drive.
- The number of folders and the name of the folder(s) will depend on your TVs firmware version.
- When you copy or move the folder(s) to your USB flash drive do not place it in a sub folder. If it is in a sub folder the TV will not be able to find the firmware.
Now that you have the firmware downloaded and moved to your USB flash drive, you are ready to use the USB to update the firmware on your TV.
**In some cases there will be no firmware listed and the website will show: “Unfortunately, this information isn't currently available for this product.” This is normal. This means the website cannot find any firmware assigned to the model so the information is not available. **
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.