JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Vertical/Horizontal Banding On TV (most models)

(Topic created: 05-14-2022 02:31 PM)
Roylund
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Has there been a solution to this frequent issue of vertical banding? I’ve read the search threads but don’t know solution. My warranty expired in 2018. Here’s tv info

Model: UN75MU800D

Software: T-KTMAKUC-1300.3

Serial#: <hidden>

CC5A3F76-40B4-4025-B00F-196104A147F5.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/#lines-dots-or-spots-of-any-color-ap...

If the troubleshooting steps above did not help, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message any of our moderators or send a message via Facebook or Twitter with your full model and serial number to have service setup

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

12 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
If your TV has a pixel refresh feature you could try that or a pixel refresh video on YouTube. But likely the panel is going out and the TV will have to be repaired or replaced.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/#lines-dots-or-spots-of-any-color-ap...

If the troubleshooting steps above did not help, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message any of our moderators or send a message via Facebook or Twitter with your full model and serial number to have service setup

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

user54uLqAO3Gc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have the same Samsung UN75MU8000 TV that others have, and we are having the same vertical banding issues as the other owners. Today is 2-8-2022. Banding has been there awhile now, just now deciding to see if there is a solution, or what from Samsung.

Purchased from Best Buy on 1-17-2018

Again, is there a solution or fix for this?

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV having these display issues, if this is occurring on all souces and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup

user54uLqAO3Gc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I do have an extended warranty thru geek squad until 2024. Just found all my documentation, i will contact them. Thank you.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That's great! You are welcome!

0 Likes
userAZ4GiAx31y
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 75 inch MU8000 that I purchased two years ago that is developing a large vertical banding issue. The bands were semi noticable when I purchased the TV, but only on very bright settings, and I know they are very common with these types of displays. However, now the bands appear to be getting worse. These bands are now easily visible in any light, and you can now clearly see the stripes in the panel. It doesnt affect the color or anything, but is distracting when attempting to watch anything with large patches of the same solid color. This extends to dark scenes or scenes against bright backgrounds. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to fix it? I've tried calibrating the colors, picture settings, leaving the picture on presets, turned on and off all picture enhancement options and I'm beginning to think that this is just the way the TV is made. Full model number is UN75MU8000 for reference.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usernBGhE3UhJj
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Our Samsung 75-inch TV model: UN75MU8000FXZA developed vertical lines / banding that is spread through the entire screen. The lines were faint at first, but now they are more prominent, and it became impossible to watch TV without being completely annoyed by the appearance of the grid over the picture. On top of that, there is also a dark round circle right in the middle of the screen. We saw endless posts regarding multiple Samsung TV models with the same exact issue. So, clearly, this is Samsung's defect, and those TVs should either be pulled from the market or fixed / replaced with no charge to the customers. So, we contacted Samsung and were told that our TV was out of warranty, and we would have to pay for the repair. We asked for the repair’s estimate, but never got one. Our case got closed without any communication to us about the closure. We contacted Samsung again and were told that the fix would be more expensive than the TV itself, so, they closed the case automatically. We are outraged. This is Samsung's defective product and must be fixed or replaced with no charge to the customers. It looks like Samsung is asking for the class-action lawsuit which would be coming their way if they don’t start fixing their faulty products with no cost to the customers.