cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8Tugo0Jt2a
Constellation

Vertical banding on MU8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 75 inch MU8000 that I purchased less than a year ago that is developing a large vertical banding issue. The bands were semi noticable when I purchased the TV, but only on very bright settings, and I know they are very common with these types of displays. However, now the bands appear to be getting worse. These bands are now easily visible in any light, and you can now clearly see the stripes in the panel. It doesnt affect the color or anything, but is distracting when attempting to watch anything with large patches of the same solid color. This extends to dark scenes or scenes against bright backgrounds. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to fix it? I've tried calibrating the colors, picture settings, leaving the picture on presets, turned on and off all picture enhancement options and I'm beginning to think that this is just the way the TV is made. Full model number is UN75MU8000 for reference.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Vertical banding on MU8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this, generally repairs would be recommended if troubleshooting is not successful. Please send the full model code and serial number to this PM Link and we would be happy to look into your options: http://bit.ly/2LSliR1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this, generally repairs would be recommended if troubleshooting is not successful. Please send the full model code and serial number to this PM Link and we would be happy to look into your options: http://bit.ly/2LSliR1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userxP2wc9dcM6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue on the same TV. Can I start the process through the same PM link?

usersUV0QoBmFI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a 75 inch MU8000 with vertical banding. This has been going on now for about a year but out of frustration, I didn't seek a solution until just recently. I have done extensive online research and there appears to be a high volume of this very same problem. I requested a service call through the Samsung service request through my TV. The tech who called had me unplug my HDMI cables from my cable box and any other HDMI cables. Nothing changed. She had me unplug the TV from its power source and wait 30 seconds to plug it back in. Nothing. Ran through a bunch of onscreen pictures to see if anything changed. Nothing. Reset the TV back to its infancy. Nothing changed. Now I get to make a service call to a local TV repair shop that will charge me $65 just to come to the house. I own 3 other flat-screen televisions and all of those are LG's. Never a problem with them and one of them is over 10 years old. 

Vertical_Bands
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same exact same TV model and problem. I am demanding a nextgen replacement. See my post here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Vertical-Banding/m-p/942856 

userdVICusle1h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the exact same problem and the bands seem to be in equal distances.

This TV had its panel replaced once under warranty but the banding is back again. I did some reaearch and some people reported that the one connect box or the circuit board could be a problem with the firmware in question as the banding seems to subside under some lighting conditions than others (dark scenes are especially horrendous).

useruKwOpvdZxQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem just like thousands of other people from the searching i have done on this piece .. this will be my last product of any kind i buy from Samsung..  FYI to samsung please dont respond to my post with your automated " Im sorry to hear" bla bla bla reply cause i dont want to hear it.. Just take care of the people that have had the same problems as I have and stop acting like theres nothing wrong with your Tv's20191208_131620.jpg20191208_131749.jpg

userq6EVDMLF8z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with mine. 

Having issues with vertical banding like everyone else.  Model Code: UN75MU8000 Software Version: T-KTMAKUC-1280.5 [edit]
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

userOchZcFaocu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same thing going in with my 75mu8000 as well!  

I purchased the best Best Buy warranty.. I wonder if they cover this... And how bad does it have to get?

-=Mike G.