cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8Tugo0Jt2a
Constellation

Vertical banding on MU8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 75 inch MU8000 that I purchased less than a year ago that is developing a large vertical banding issue. The bands were semi noticable when I purchased the TV, but only on very bright settings, and I know they are very common with these types of displays. However, now the bands appear to be getting worse. These bands are now easily visible in any light, and you can now clearly see the stripes in the panel. It doesnt affect the color or anything, but is distracting when attempting to watch anything with large patches of the same solid color. This extends to dark scenes or scenes against bright backgrounds. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to fix it? I've tried calibrating the colors, picture settings, leaving the picture on presets, turned on and off all picture enhancement options and I'm beginning to think that this is just the way the TV is made. Full model number is UN75MU8000 for reference.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Vertical banding on MU8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxP2wc9dcM6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue on the same TV. Can I start the process through the same PM link?

usersUV0QoBmFI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a 75 inch MU8000 with vertical banding. This has been going on now for about a year but out of frustration, I didn't seek a solution until just recently. I have done extensive online research and there appears to be a high volume of this very same problem. I requested a service call through the Samsung service request through my TV. The tech who called had me unplug my HDMI cables from my cable box and any other HDMI cables. Nothing changed. She had me unplug the TV from its power source and wait 30 seconds to plug it back in. Nothing. Ran through a bunch of onscreen pictures to see if anything changed. Nothing. Reset the TV back to its infancy. Nothing changed. Now I get to make a service call to a local TV repair shop that will charge me $65 just to come to the house. I own 3 other flat-screen televisions and all of those are LG's. Never a problem with them and one of them is over 10 years old.