JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Warranty on TV warranty repair work

(Topic created: 08-04-2021 10:52 PM)
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Purchased 70 inch  HDTV in December 2019. Screen replaced under warranty in December 2020. Screen is now having issues again. Is there a warranty on the replacement screen? Left side of screen is shrinking horizontally and lower left corner of screen has a black circle cut out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The television was out of warranty but Samsung has generously offered to make a one time accommodation and will make the repair at no cost to me. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I would be more than happy to look into this for you could you send me a private message with your model and serial number as well as a picture of where the screen is having trouble?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97  If you're unable to send it via private message, send me an e-mail to samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com and include #38609209 in the subject line.  Hopefully we can help ease your frustrations.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Did they ever let you know whether or not the replacement screen came with a new one year warranty or not?
0 Likes
Solution
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The television was out of warranty but Samsung has generously offered to make a one time accommodation and will make the repair at no cost to me. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
But did the replacement screen come with a brand new warranty or no?
0 Likes
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It's baack! The original problem  I had with this TV is happening again. A vertical line appears on the  screen in all inputs. This problem first appeared in December 2020.  Fortunately the TV was still under warranty and the display screen was replaced.  In  August 2021,  I started experiencing screen issues again. This time it was a black splotch  on the lower left side of the screen along with  the screen shrinking horizontally. Samsung made a one time exception and covered the repair and  the screen was replaced once again. Last week,  the first issue resurfaced and I now have a vertical line approximately 1/4 wide on the  left side of my screen. This is identical to theproblem from  December 2020.  It seems odd to  have 3 screen display issues within the first 2 years of purchasing the TV. I'm wondering if others experience issues. Could this be an inherent problem with Samsung TVs? Perhaps a product recall is in order.TV Information.jpgPicture 1.jpg

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I definitely understand how big of an inconvenience this can be, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The Television is no longer under Samsung's warranty.  My concern is that the TV was purchasedas a Christmas present in December 2019 and wasn't actually in use until January  2020. We have already had to replace the screen twice in less than 2 years. The same problem we're having now is the same problem we had in December 2020.  Can we attribute the problem I'm having now as merely a coincidence or could there be a problem with inferior repair? Is there a way to check to see if this particular model is undergoing a product recall? The Model# is UN70NU6070. I purchased this TV from  Best Buy and both repairs were done by Tekniton.

0 Likes