JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

9500S Rear Speaker Kit not connecting to HW-Q990B/ZA Soundbar

(Topic created: 12-17-2022 08:43 PM)
Members_OQerHlO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

9500S Rear Speaker Kit not connecting to HW-Q990B/ZA Soundbar. Both are new, recently ordered off Amazon. The soundbar, subwoofers and two included speakers connect and work just fine. The separate 9500S Rear Speaker Kit I ordered to complete the system do not connect at all.

I go through the entire setup process: Plug rear speakers in, verify blue flashing light is present, turn off soundbar, press and hold the "UP" button (not the "SOUND UP" button), ID SET starts on the soundbar, included speakers and subwoofer connect just fine, rear speakers do not connect. I have waited the requisite 5 or more minutes that the included instructions say to wait and have repeated this process several times.

The 9500S red light never appears, it is perpetually stuck in the blue flashing light phase. Nonetheless, I still pressed and held the ID SET button on the back of both of the rear speakers and repeated the setup process, still to no avail.

Is there some magical step I'm missing? I've brought the rear speakers closer to the soundbar, thinking distance may have been a factor, but still the same end result, no connection.

Any rep who replies has one chance to help me solve this issue. There is nothing wrong with the soundbar, everything EXCEPT the 9500S Rear Speaker Kit connects to it just fine and the sound is playing just fine as well. If a rep's only answer is "they sound like they might be defective" then I'm refunding them immediately, as a short search through the forums shows quite a few people have had issues with these 9500S rear speakers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

My sound system is like my lifeblood. Let's get this situated for you as soon as possible. 

The fix for this may be as simple as just updating the firmware. This is a helpful guide on making sure we get that updated. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202075/

Unfortunately, if this doesn't work I recommend exchanging them or letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

View solution in context

3 Replies
John5isalive
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Same thing is happening to me right now. I have the Q910B
0 Likes
John5isalive
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
I just happened to try the speakers that came with the sound bar. They won't pair either.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

My sound system is like my lifeblood. Let's get this situated for you as soon as possible. 

The fix for this may be as simple as just updating the firmware. This is a helpful guide on making sure we get that updated. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202075/

Unfortunately, if this doesn't work I recommend exchanging them or letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator