cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Please activate Internet@TV Service to enjoy internet services

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an older model home theatre system model #HTB-C5500 I have the screen come up Please activate Internet@TV Service. When I go to internet tv page I get a prompt to connect to the internet and enjoy variety of contents through Internet TV. That prompt will not go away . I've manually reset my clock and done everything in what helped others with their issues to no avail. Is there any resolution at all or is my player so old and outdated it's just a paper weight?? My goal is to be able to watch Hulu and Disney + for myself and my Grands. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Please activate Internet@TV Service to enjoy internet services

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Due to this being an older unit, Hulu opted not to continue support on legacy devices.  Disney+ only opted to have the app available on newer devices.  A lot of the streaming applications that used to work, have updated a lot of their interfaces, these updates are not compatible with legacy model televisions, which is why a lot of them have decided to no longer support these platforms.  

We apologize for any inconveniences that you're experiencing, some alternative options that you could use would be a Roku, Firestick, or other streaming device to connect to your current Samsung television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Due to this being an older unit, Hulu opted not to continue support on legacy devices.  Disney+ only opted to have the app available on newer devices.  A lot of the streaming applications that used to work, have updated a lot of their interfaces, these updates are not compatible with legacy model televisions, which is why a lot of them have decided to no longer support these platforms.  

We apologize for any inconveniences that you're experiencing, some alternative options that you could use would be a Roku, Firestick, or other streaming device to connect to your current Samsung television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So are there any streaming services that work with this device??? Netflix? And can you not activate Internet TV Services?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Strangely this is not a TV, but a Blue ray player.  As for the issue it's self, it has origins as far back as 2013.  There also seems to be a similar problem with the C6500 model as well.  Much has been written about it on several forums.  Most seem centered around settings on the systems Page an time setting.

I would love to have an answer as I've the same problem, but so far nothing has worked.

We're I Samsung I think I would have put a bit more effort into resolving this issue rather than letting it drive customers into the arm's of competitors.

With the current pandemic demand for such products has got to be high and yet Samsung simply sits there with egg on it's face. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tv