JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I enable the Mic of soundbar via app or remote?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
mickael28
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I've got the soundbar SB800B and the manual says to click the Mic button on the soundbar itself to enable it. 

That button is damaged on mine, is there any way to enable it via the Samsung Smart Things app or with the remote control? I can't believe Samsung didn't add such a button in the remote control or at a minimum via a shortcut pressing something as well as in the app.

I can't figure it out... 

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately the remote does not have this option. As for on the SmartThings app. I want to say it does not either but as do not have this soundbar I am unable to test it. And could not get direct conformation weather it does or not. I would recommend that if you are unable to get it working service would be the solution for this. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately the remote does not have this option. As for on the SmartThings app. I want to say it does not either but as do not have this soundbar I am unable to test it. And could not get direct conformation weather it does or not. I would recommend that if you are unable to get it working service would be the solution for this. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.