JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't change Alexa wake word on 930C Soundbar. My girlfriend has the same name.

(Topic created: 04-25-2024 05:23 AM)
tomi13
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Is there any way the 930C can get a firmware update to include wake word change on Alexa?

I tried using the vocal command for wake word change, but it says that the device is not compatible with this feature.

This issue bothers me a lot, since I use Alexa a lot, and I plan expanding my home with more smart devices.

As much as I love using it, I can't call my girlfriend's name without having the soundbar going crazy.

Would be useful being able to use the other default wakewords (Echo, Computer, Amazon, Ziggy)

2 Replies
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

In the Alexa App, you can choose from a list of selected wake words.  Go to the Alexa app, go to Devices., choose your echo device from the list.  Tap the settings gear on the info screen (top right), scroll down to "wake word" and tap it. it will come up with a list of words that Alexa will respond to.  Choose one from the list. Sadly, you cannot choose your own.  Alternatively, you can give your girlfriend a nickname 😂.

john077
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It's likely that a firmware update won't add the ability to change the wake word by voice order if the device doesn't already have that feature and there isn't a way to add it in the settings. You could ask the company that made it if they plan to add it to any future updated versions. For now, you may need to change how you use the device or look into other smart devices that have the wake word choices you need.

0 Likes