JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Connecting 55" Frame TV (2019) with Q Series Soundbar?

(Topic created: 03-29-2022 08:10 PM)
user7Pl7hrc4Dk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi,  I am trying to connect a 55" Frame Smart TV (2019) Model Number: QN55LS03RAFXZA, to a Home Theater Q series HW-Q800A 3.1.2ch Soundbar, and was wanting to confirm that these two components are compatible.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
STRATA
Galaxy
Options
Home Theater
should not be an issue, however how are you connecting the soundbar, optical audio or co-ax cable or other using pass through?
0 Likes
Solution
user7Pl7hrc4Dk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I was thinking that i would follow https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049272/ and either connect via HDMI or via HDMI-ARC.

I have Verizon FIOS One so the HDMI Out of the FIOS One box, to HDMI In on the Soundbar, then HDMI Out on the Soundbar to HDMI In on the One-Connect Box of the TV.

The other option is to connect Verizon FIOS One HDMI Out to HDMI In on One-Connect Box and then connect the One-Connect Box HDMI-ARC In to the Soundbar's HDMI-ARC Out ports

Your recommendation would be appreciated

0 Likes
STRATA
Galaxy
Options
Home Theater
HDMI ARC IS NICE BUT MAKE SURE IF YOU GO WITH HDMI THAT THE HDMI CABLES ARE 2.1 or higher or if you really want to get a little nifty, get power over HDMI cables https://www.hdmi.org/spec21sub/cablepower

The reason being, then you can really pull enough electricity from the soundbar and if in the future, expand your system to a 7.1 surround sound system. plus power over HDMI is also used for other devices for example imagine a raspberry pi or something alike with power over ethernet no additional type c power cable needed power over ethernet and then power of hdmi to display. In your case scenario for your needs power over hdmi from the FIOS BOX would be nice you would be pulling enough power from both ends, I do recommend that route and if not then std. hdmi 2.1 or above is fine. Optical can be used for other purposes or legacy devices maybe a nice tuner with EQ, or if you also enjoy old vinyl records co-ax to optical coverters can be used. you have plenty of options but for a minimal approach yes HDMI would be the way to go.
0 Likes