JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Connecting Samsung soundbar (Q800T) to an Amazon Alexa speaker group

(Topic created: 06-14-2020 09:59 AM)
user9APSSBNqQN
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Howdy. I have a Q800T. It is working on HDMI, and also working as an Alexa device. I can control it with my voice, and I can see it as a device in both the Samsung SmartThings and Amazon Alexa mobile apps.

I have a lot of Amazon Echo devices, and I use them as part of speaker groups to play multiroom audio (e.g. "Alexa, play Bob Dylan everywhere"). MY QUESTION: IS THERE A WAY FOR ME TO ADD THE Q800T TO AN ALEXA SPEAKER GROUP? It isn't showing up on a scan in HDMI, WiFi, or BT modes. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Good afternoon. The functionality of adding your sound bar to an Alexa speaker group is not currently supported. This suggestion has been forwarded to our engineers, but I have no information as to when this might be added, or if it even can be added. 

View solution in context

39 Replies
userNDvB8uN30Z
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the same issue and it's very frustrating! 

Can this be done? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

I do not have any information on this feature for Alexa. I have forwarded the question to my engineers for investigation.

userawwy2HNp77
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

@Anonymous Any luck finding a resolution?

userjotFQ3RAWR
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I am encountering this same issue, but with the q900t. Despite being integrated into alexa and being able to play music through the soundbar through the app, it is not an available addition to a multi room music group. Did you find an answer to this question? I have already reached out to Alexa support with no solutions found yet.

userxxM5lJbYJS
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Same issue, would love an answer

userg9tdJKo5i2
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

@Anonymous 

Hi

Same problem with my Q900T. Would love to have a feedback/solution/patch.

Thanks. 

userar5ZWRHsfK
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Same here with the Q950t - I'm going to charge out on a limb and say this isn't supported. Moreover, multi room is probably only supported on actual Echo devices, as it may very well be something in their firmware specifically that enables this functionality. 

userVo1Bb3mFZF
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Any response would be great. Alexa integration was one of the main reasons I picked the HWQ800T vs the 70T... and it doesn't work!

useriW7hIpi3Dq
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Same here. Have a HW-Q70T and Alexa integration worked like a charm. But when I try to create a group for multi-room playback, the soundbar does not show as a speaker. 

0 Likes