JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q750B Soundbar will not turn on manually

(Topic created: 07-02-2023 09:03 AM)
Members_XH2X5xb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The soundbar will only turn on when I turn my Samsung TV on. I am attempting to play music from my Galaxy cell to the soundbar but don't want the TV to also be on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hi there!  Welcome to the community!  I can think of two possible things here.  First would be that you are connected via optical cable and have Auto Power Link enabled.  In order to turn this off, Set the soundbar to D.IN mode by pressing Source on the remote or soundbar.  Then press and hold the left direction on the direction pad on the remote for more than 5 seconds or until Auto Power Link appears on the soundbar display to activate or deactivate Auto Power Link.

The second thing that I can think of would be that Anynet+ is enabled on the TV (If you are connected to the ARC port).  In the Setting Menu, select General, followed by External Device Manager from the middle menu list.  Then highlight Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) and press enter on your remote control to toggle the feature.

Those are the most common causes for those troubles.  If this gets you up and running, let us know.  If it doesn't, feel free to send one of the mods here a private message and we will be happy to assist you further.  

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hi there!  Welcome to the community!  I can think of two possible things here.  First would be that you are connected via optical cable and have Auto Power Link enabled.  In order to turn this off, Set the soundbar to D.IN mode by pressing Source on the remote or soundbar.  Then press and hold the left direction on the direction pad on the remote for more than 5 seconds or until Auto Power Link appears on the soundbar display to activate or deactivate Auto Power Link.

The second thing that I can think of would be that Anynet+ is enabled on the TV (If you are connected to the ARC port).  In the Setting Menu, select General, followed by External Device Manager from the middle menu list.  Then highlight Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) and press enter on your remote control to toggle the feature.

Those are the most common causes for those troubles.  If this gets you up and running, let us know.  If it doesn't, feel free to send one of the mods here a private message and we will be happy to assist you further.