Original topic:

Mirroring tv screen to Freestyle projector

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Community,

What TV models are supported for “TV Access” Festure on Samsung Freestyle 2nd Gen projector? 

I am using a TU8000, AU7090 and T4300 and neither shows the projector under the Device List section

Thanks 

15 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This feature is not available for all TV's. I would recommend looking through your user manual to find out more information. You can try the following below. But this again may not work. As for a list of what TVs are compatible I will look further into this to try to get the list as soon as I can!

There may be issues with this as from the info provided it seems your TV is connected through LAN, I would recommend just testing it, as I know that it should still work even while on LAN, but try with both the TV and Freestyle connected to the same Wi-Fi band I would recommend using 2.4GHz as our TV's will sometimes have issues connecting ton 5GHz bands.

***Edit***

Unfortunately based on our research we were unable to find a published list of compatible units. But the steps from the link you post should be the correct steps. If those are not working for you then that would be the TV is not compatible. From our research the TV we know that is compatible is the Frame TV. You can look here for more info on the frame TV.

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/the-frame/32-class-the-frame-qled-hdr-smart-...

ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I don’t have any firewall that can block communication, a prove is my soundbar that I can see it across my TV with no issues. All is under ST

I don’t have a micro HDMI based cable, I need to buy one to try that suggestion

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
Can you mirror your phone at least to the projector? Projectors are tricky sometimes I had to use a Google Chrome cast to mirror my phone and using Google home and smart things to my projector bc it didn't have wifi good luck
0 Likes
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am able to mirror my iPhone via AirPlay and my Windows PC via  screen sharing (via Wifi) with no issues. I can see the projector just fine in both devices using both methods.

So I am out of ideas of why the simplest method Samsung suggest does not work 😞

userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
Yeah that's not cool
0 Likes
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Community,

What TV models are supported for “TV Access” Feature on Samsung Freestyle 2nd Gen projector?

I am using a TU8000, AU7090 and T4300 and neither shows the projector under the Device List section.

Could someone provide the supported list?