Original topic:

Q Symphony not working through soundbar after TV software update.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
zaxdad123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I was recently looking for a new 55" TV for our bedroom. I stumbled into a great deal on an open-box Samsung S90C. When I saw the deal Samsung had on the HW-Q 990c I jumped on that. I'm using an Apple box for streaming. I ran the Apple into the soundbar and used aArc to the TV. When I turned on the system it showed Q Symphont enabled. I liked the effect. The TV did a software update and Q symphoney no longer worked. It works if I plug the Apple into an input on the TV. Samsung had me reset the soundbar. No luck. I guess I could try resetting the TV. Does it make much difference being plugged into the TV as opposed to the soundbar?

Thanks for any input.

6 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Home Theater

@zaxdad123 I would expect the Q Symphony to only work if the source of the sound is the TV. 

0 Likes
zaxdad123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for your reply. No. It works if the Apple Tv is plugged into the TV. When I purchased the TV and soundbar all the instructions said plug the Apple into the soundbar. Prior to the TV software update it worked when the Apple was plugged into the soundbar. I just don't know if there is any difference between having it plugged into the TV vs. the soundbar. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Home Theater

@zaxdad123 "No. It works if the Apple Tv is plugged into the TV."

Sorry if I was unclear but that is what I expected. From the Soundbar's viewpoint, the sound is coming from the TV. 

0 Likes
Nicholsono
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same issue. I have a Samsung Frame and q930b frame. I had it setup great using optional sound for sound bar and using q symphony able to get sound out of TV and soundbar. I turned it on 2 days a go and it said software updated. Now i can't have them playing together or control the soundbar volume with the TV remote. I've tried resetting the soundbar and next step is resetting the TV which I want to avoid

0 Likes
Pwhiddy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Having exact problem with a Samsung QN90B TV and Samsung HW61B soundbar. Q-symphony worked great until latest update... Hmmm
0 Likes
Pwhiddy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
FYI after I started troubleshooting I realized some settings seem to have been added or changed under the sound devices. Once I reconnected my soundbar and TV through SmartThings I noticed the sound bar now showed two ways to connect to Q Symphony, one wired through HDMI in the other one Wireless. That setting had not been there previously it was just one that showed the sound bar. Once I chose the wired HDMI/eARC Q-symphony worked. It seemed like reconnecting my TV to SmartThings and then reconnecting my soundbar in SmartThings did the trick. Hope this gives some folks a little bit more information for troubleshooting or ways to solve the issue.
0 Likes