(Topic created: 12-10-2020 02:05 PM)
userzKkdIZrl3C
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Interesting problem.

TV: QN82Q800TA

Sound bar: MS750

Issue: The sound constantly stops/switches from sound bar to TV speaker and then back again.  I have hooked this sound bar up with bluetooth, and it will work for a while, then go back to tv speaker, then start working again.  All without any consumer interaction with the remote or sound volume (aka we are watching a movie and it just switches).

I then switched to optical cable...and it does the exact same thing.

I then switched to wifi connect....and it does the exact same thing.

I then updated the firmware in the sound bar, and it does the same thing.

I then looked to  update the firmware on the TV but it says it is up to date.

I then thought I had a hardware problem, so I connected my phone to the sound bar with bluetooth, it played for 4 hours without a hiccup.

I then connected a reciever to the sound bar via optical cable, it played without a hiccup as well.

I have had this sound bar for 3 years.  It was previously paired with QN75Q7F using bluetooth and never had an issue so I have to assume at this point I have some issue with the TV.  Looking for advise. 

PS in the time it took to write this post, the TV switched from playing through sound bar, back to tv speakers, back to sound bar.....twice.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

Have you attempted a factory reset of the tv? If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
userzKkdIZrl3C
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

ALso audio set to PCM and not auto in settings in attempt to fix with no change.

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

Have you attempted a factory reset of the tv? If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userzKkdIZrl3C
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have now performed a 'factory reset'....what a pain having to go through and reset everything up.  Had an annoying issue with the screen always going dark on me regardless of what picture mode I set....then I found the super secret "eco settings" menu that I just turned everything OFF on.

TV has run for about an hour connected through blutooth without switching audio, will keep an eye (ear) on it for a few more days and see if that has really solved my problem or not

0 Likes
userzKkdIZrl3C
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Full reset has not solved problem.  MOving to PM

0 Likes
userzKkdIZrl3C
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Update to this thread.  the solution was not found in 'reset' or software update or some setting in the menus.  Repair company was out today and put a new board in the TV.  Will update it I see the issue come back.

0 Likes