JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

(Topic created: 12-22-2019 03:58 PM)
user3Q7LxbemWs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I have a Samsung Ms-650 soundbar connected to a Samsung QF6 QLED via the ARC HDMI Ports. I set the sound on the QF6 to use the soundbar but if I pause a show (from one of the built-in apps like Netflix or Vudu) for a minute or so, when I restart playback it will revert to the tv speakers. I’ve tried unplugging both units for 5 minutes but this hasn’t solved my issue. Also, I’ve checked and both units don’t seem to have any updates available (although I’m not totally sure how to check or update the firmware on the MS650). Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks. 
64 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

We understand, this has been escalated as a Feature Request. Please understand this is only a request and the mods cannot guarantee this feature will be added. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userAOeqezq8Vf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I suppose this is a Bug and not a feature and needs to be fixed. Even after multiple updates received, the bug still exists. 

voodoochild1974
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi

I have the same issue.

Q80R TV to a N850 soundbar.

I can set it to optical out/arc on TV to soundbar, but at some point, it will just switch to TV speakers and get echo sound.

I had a KS7000, I just set that to external speakers and it was set, not once did it change.

Mercutio
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Just got my ru8000 and this is extremely annoying with my Samsung sound bar.  Have to go in and change the source each time.  From what I'm reading there is no fix to this?? Using the optical connection. 

usernNrvZ0wK77
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This problem is increadibly annoying.   Has this been fixed?  If so... how does one apply the fix?

userUrcYyBSQe7
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi all, FIXED the problem for meant least. I have a 75' Q7F and running a amp with home cinema. All of a sudden overnight TV kept resorting to tv speakers. First of all I blamed my Wife as you do! Nope Samsung definitely has a bug. Ok, I tried everything! What worked for me was disconnecting the power from the smart up! Powered back up, turned it off and back on the external speakers as it should be. Hope this helps everyone. 

Fishrman
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You say you disconnected power from your "smart up". What are you referring to? Shutting the tv off and then back on or is this something from your amp? I have a soundbar that is doing the same thing. Guess I will disconnect both and see what happens.

0 Likes
userMGwL4NfyW1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did that fix the problem?

0 Likes
userNGiqmMkgwn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I find it unacceptable this has not been fixed.  I'm considering a living room TV upgrade and will be shopping for another brand for the first time in 8 years.

LIKEITIS
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
makes two of us 😪
0 Likes