JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95B Television Q70R Soundbar Smart Remote Issue

(Topic created: 01-26-2023 04:57 AM)
jerseyheat90
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Soundbar setup.jpegI've had the TV / Soundbar setup for about a month and a half. Originally I was able to use the Samsung Smart Remote that came with the TV everywhere throughout the room. (Despite the soundbar being in front of the televisions infrared sensor.) Now all of the sudden, all of that went out the window and I have to point the remote higher than the soundbar to get any response. I tried pairing the remote again, unplugging the tv, etc. To my understanding, the remote uses bluetooth for most controls so I don't understand what changed. There aren't really other options on where I can place the soundbar unfortunately.  Did the remote switch to only using infrared?
4 Replies
wollanup
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hey! I have the same issue for about a week. I'm going crazy ... After hundreds of pairings, cleaning if IR sensors.on both TV and inside the remote, it doesn't work untill I'm perfectly in front on TV. I moved a bit the soundbar, and removed it, just to test, it's not really better.

Sometimes when I pair the remote, it's better because it doesn't use the IR, maybe the Bluetooth connection you're talking about, but after a few minutes or seconds, I can see the IR LED light when I press a button, and remote becomes almost unusable...

Help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
jerseyheat90
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I was never able to figure it out!  I got in touch with Samsung Support but they were absolutely useless.  I think the remotes sold with this television are faulty.  The only work around I've been able to figure out is to use the Smartthings app and use my iphone as a remote for the television.  Another poster on here described going through 3-4 remotes with the same issue.  

0 Likes
Anakjoi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your TV and soundbar setup. It's possible that the remote may have switched to only using infrared instead of Bluetooth. Have you tried checking the remote's settings to see if there's an option to switch between the two? You may also want to consider contacting Samsung customer support for further assistance.

0 Likes
Solution
jerseyheat90
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the reply!  I still need to contact samsung but the rechargeable remote was the issue.  I bought a remote that uses replaceable batteries on amazon that works for the s95b and its been smooth sailing even with the soundbar in front of the tv.  The other remote can't even pair when the speaker is in front.