Original topic:

Soundbar HW-S800B Stuck in Shop6 mode with no remote

(Topic created: Saturday)
Members_1tLxrUa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I've acquired a soundbar (HW-S800B) open box without a remote. And it's stuck in Shop6 mode. And so i'm super stuck.

First, i read all the other posts about Shop6 mode and tried those steps, but unfortunately the first step is always "power it off using the remote". I can't do that.

So I tried to pair a new remote to possibly get past this. I have a replacement remote with new batteries, but I can't seem to pair it. I've held in the mic on/off button on the soundbar, and held the BT Pair button on the remote. This has not worked, and it seems it should "just work".

I connected the soundbar to my tv through the HDMI eArc port, and configured the TV to accept this and the soundbar works. it's connected to the TV, and when the TV is turned off the soundbar turns off! I thought this would be my saving grace, but it's not.

Even when I power the soundbar off through the TV, holding the "-" button (common steps to disable Shop6 mode) do not work. Pressing the buttons on the soundbar appear to do nothing.

I'm stuck, but I have a few two avenues to pursue so any help on either of those would be great:

1) how to pair a new remote. I've tried holding the mic on/off button along with the BT pair button on the remote. Any other tips?

2) how to disable Shop6. 

Additionally, I've tried the SmartThings app but the soundbar does not appear. Probably because it's in Shop6 mode.

4 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Have you tried taking the batteries out, press any of the buttons, put batteries back in.
0 Likes
Members_1tLxrUa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the reply. I went and tried that, but not sure what buttons I need to press to pair remote to soundbar.

If it's truly supposed to "just work" with new batteries, and mine is not working, does that mean I have the wrong replacement remote? I got a universal Samsung soundbar replacement remote, but now i'm seeing more options on Amazon. Of course, the one and only listing for HW-S800B is nearly 30 dollars compared to the average of 9 dollars. Do I take a risk and purchase that one?

Thanks

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Thay are returnable, get it if it works to take to off store mode, you won't need it anymore. Your TV remote will work with the sound bar
Get the soundboard working and send it back
0 Likes
Members_1tLxrUa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Update: The remote I purchased from Amazon did not work. My soundbar model was listed as a supported version of the remote, so I left a bad review and will return it.

I contacted Samsung support and they recommended purchasing an official remote replacement. $120 dollars.

the cost of a new soundbar is 270 since it's now last years model. I said screw it, returned the open box one and purchased a new one.

0 Likes