Original topic:

Subwoofer won't sync with soundbar

(Topic created: 04-25-2020 09:38 AM)
userdHfIFFWd61
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

I have a HW-HM45C soundbar and PS-WH450 subwoofer that came together as a Samsung package. Up  untill recently the pair have worked together fine. Now though, the subwoofer won't sync to the soundbar.

When the subwoofer is powered on,  the red stand by light comes on for a second and goes out. Then blue wireless connection light blinks constanty and never connects to the soundbar. This occurs even when the manual reset steps are completed:

1) press ID Set button on back of sub-woofer with small object (when I do this, the red light comes on for a second, goes out and the blue light blinks),

2) soundbar is powered off (standby/plugged in), press and hold Mute button until display shows 'ID Set' (this occurs as instructed),

3)  Power on the soundbar. When I do this, after the soundbar displays shows its input setting, it then displays a message to Check the Subwoofer. The subwoofer continues to blink the blue light and does not connect to the soundbar.

I've unplugged both devices numerous times and have tried this over and over with no sync up success. As soon as the subwoofer is plugged in to the power outlet, the red light displays for a second, goes out and then the blue light blinks constantly. It will only stop blinking blue when unplugged from power. The manual says it should blink for 30 seconds and then go into Stand by mode (blue light off and red light on solid). This does not occur. 

Any idea's on how to reset the subwoofer and to resync it to the soundbar?

Thanks for your help!

Bernard

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
patwater
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
my subwoofer won't pair with sound bar even after I try the trouble shooting tips
0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Home Theater

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes