JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update LOVE !! - 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950

(Topic created: 08-05-2017 05:43 AM)
Tweetatoo
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Needs update !! 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950 Hey Samsung Support This sound bar really needs to be updated to get those back wireless speakers working, you can hardly hear anything even when bringing the individual volume up, it also seems to have handshake issues with your SAMSUNG TV's. DTS-X support would be amazing ! Overall it's a good bar but really could be fantastic if you gave us a little software/firmware update love !

106 Replies
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Go to the output settings on your dvd player and take it off of auto.

userSAec4qplUi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

u mean blu ray player?

0 Likes
userSAec4qplUi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My ARC suddenly stopped working....

Using k950 and KS7500 SUHD

tried disconnecting cables and changing cables to no avail

gonna try switching off the TV for 30 min , updating firmware, and resetting TV to default settings

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Are you not getting any sound at all?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userlGY4S580SE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

hey,

i had the same problem, it worked for 2 week no problem. and then no ARC , just stuck in d.in.

tried everything what you did, and still nothing. then i pulled everything out (the powercables , the hdmi) go to sleep and the next day i put everything back and ..... it just worked, i just can't explain it.

my advice , keep calm and have patience and after some time the ARC gods will grant you sound 😉

0 Likes
uservPOHc6uXuQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have an nvidia shield and have some atmos files. Connected the shield to hdmi of the soundbar and the soundbar to arc of tv. When the bkue light appears and atmos appears. Every speakers have sound its perfect... almost because the big problem is i dont havr voice coming out... no sound on the center soeakera. But if i change to 5.1 its all well. But of course i bougth the k950 for the atmos. Can anyone help me? Thank u

0 Likes
userFuB5X3b9DZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm really disappointed that the k950 soundbar does not stream atmos from TV apps. I have a C7P. If the TV supports Atmos, and the sound bar supports Atmos, I expected that putting them together would be no issue. I thought I could just input all my devices into the TV then output the sound to the soundbar. This has proven to be way more difficult than expected.

usercQJKzEqzLB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

The video source has to be encoded with Atmos.  Also,  at least on samsung tv, the blue ray,  for example,  connects directly to the the sound bar then the arc goes to the tv. You can't connect the blu ray directly to the tv then the sound bar.   Also,  all connects must be hmdi. No optical or any other. 

Tbrooks330
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Yea i am the same issue and i am thoroughly disappointed that this bar can't handle an Atmos signal that is being passed to it. Quite a few people are complaining about the same thing in multiple threads. Please join in with your commentary to hopefully get Samsung's attention like we were able to regarding DTS 2.0 compatibility issues at roll-out. Definitely sucks but seems like something they can get right if they choose to

0 Likes
HanSoloAu
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Yup this soundbar should accept Atmos through ARC. Ridiculous that it does not, its embarrassing. If the LG SJ9 can do it then this soundbar should do it.
0 Likes