JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using Q-symphony soundbar with Spotify Connect and TV off—is it seamless?

(Topic created: 11-19-2023 03:52 AM)
Maxdo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi everyone, I am new to Samsung soundbars but I’m considering getting a Q-Symphony installation like the Q700. I also use Spotify connect. 

I dislike have my TV on when I’m listening to music. (We have a toddler, and we don’t want to a have a screen on if we are just enjoying music.)

My question is this:

Can I use the Q700 as “basic” music speakers with Spotify Connect without turning on the TV and without extra button pushing or disconnecting wires?

I want to be able to leave my configuration untouched between “music” and “movie” modes without additional hassle. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to connect your phone to the soundbar to get this to work. But you cannot play music without cutting on the TV or connecting to another device. You can go to this [LINK] and download the user manual to look at the soundbar's features. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Maxdo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Bump

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to connect your phone to the soundbar to get this to work. But you cannot play music without cutting on the TV or connecting to another device. You can go to this [LINK] and download the user manual to look at the soundbar's features.