JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

tv not showing wifi soundbar in list

(Topic created: 10-09-2023 08:00 AM)
kralcifer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Brand new Q900C soundbar.  TV is 85" Q8DT.  I followed all of the installation steps and it has worked fine for a few days.  Today though.  The TV cannot see the soundbar.  The soundbar is on and on wifi source but TV settings audio list does not show it.  How can I fix this?  How can I refresh the TV audio list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Thank you so much for sharing!  @kralcifer, the steps provided are correct.  If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 
Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

5 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Try these steps unplug the tv and soundbar from power. Now with them unplug unplug your router for a full 60 seconds . Plug in and wait 8 to 10 minutes for it to reboot. Now plug tv and bar back in and power on. It should work. Make sure your tv and soundbar are on the same wifi network and 5ghz channel and of course sound out is set to the Dolby Atmos wifi connection.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Thank you so much for sharing!  @kralcifer, the steps provided are correct.  If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 
Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

kralcifer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Like I said, it was working fine for a few days then the glitch.  I don't want to have to do those steps every time it glitches.  Nothing changed in my network setup.  No other devices in my home require such corrective measures.

0 Likes
kralcifer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Maybe the Samsung TV should provide a refresh button, or if the soundbar says it is on wifi but actually isn't then that needs fixing.

kralcifer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The Community Manager accepted solution isn't accurate or helpful for my scenario.

Here's more info in case it helps others:

I noticed that the problem was the soundbar because, when turning it on, it scrolls "wifi disconnected".  The general fix for that is to restore to factory defaults and re-add in SmartThings app.  Steps:

• circle button to power on soundbar
  • hold down plus and minus buttons for 5 seconds to reset, unit will say "init"
  • meanwhile SmartThings for me had said the soundbar was offline.  After resetting the sound bar, the app noticed the "new device" and asked to add it
  • The add was much faster:
    • step one offered my existing wifi network
    • step two press minus button to know it is the soundbar you are working with
    • step three registration I guess recognized it was already registered so went fairly fast
  • In SmartThings, it re-matched up with the previous device, i.e. didn't make an additional device.
  • The TV then automatically picked up the soundbar upon turning it on which was also fast and nice.

Main takeaway for me is that the soundbar shouldn't get stuck / stay in a disconnect.  It doesn't seem to retry hard enough.  But the steps to get it back weren't the worst thing in the world.

0 Likes