Original topic:

Burner popping

(Topic created: a week ago)
ArtDawg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We moved int a house with a Samsung gas range m# NX58R4311SS and have noticed a slight popping noise when the oven is in use. Examining the burner when it use, when the oven is turned on, the main burner will stay lit for maybe 15 second or so, then go off for about 5 seconds before relighting. This happens over and over again, which is the "pop" sound we are hearing. Is it normal for this over to do this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@ArtDawg A couple of items that could cause this:

1. Dirt or Debris in Burner Openings: Popping noises can occur if there's dirt or debris in the burner openings. When the gas flows through the clogged openings, it can create a popping sound.
  2. Moisture in Gas Lines: If there's moisture present in the gas lines, it can cause the gas to sputter and create popping noises when it burns.
0 Likes
ArtDawg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I cleaned out the burner tubes the best I could, but no way of knowing about moisture in the gas lines. The oven has been doing this for many months, so not sure if that is a situation that would go for that long. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If It's still occurring after suggestion from @LongHiker then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/