Original topic:

Clock does not always stay on NSI6DG9500MTAA induction oven

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
OldLadyWho
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The display of the time goes blank after awhile.  Did a live chat and was told it goes to sleep and just tap on the 'window' 2 times and it will appear. That does not happen - it still stays blank.

9 Replies
laurenk89
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same thing is happening to me with NSI6DG9100SR. I actually returned the first one thinking it was defective but the second unit also does not keep a clock on. Turning the "screensaver" mode off and on does not make a difference either. Guess I'll be returning it again!!

0 Likes
OldLadyWho
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I love my cooktop and haven't had an issue with my oven, so I will keep mine. You have to be looking straight down to see the clock anyway, so I will live with it. Hate the 2nd timer so I just bought a separate one! Maybe the whole slide in range was a bad concept! Thx for your input. Nice to know it isn't just me.

0 Likes
OldLadyWho
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Did another chat and was told it only shows when oven is in use and for a bit longer. I typed verbatim what the manual says about it always showing and he disagreed with me. Whatever he was looking at either did not have the same info or he was looking on the wrong page. I give up and accept that the manual is wrong.
0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

He probably got the information from this article: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110183/ 

I will tell you, that users manuals cover a variety of different models - so sometimes certain features outlined may not be available in your specific model. 

However, if you feel that there is an actual issue you can always set up service and have a tech look at the range to ensure that it's working properly: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

0 Likes
OldLadyWho2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Manual says for NSI6D*95****** and all other functions covered. Technician coming tomorrow after 3 hours between Samsung Chat and Facebook Messenger!
0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Let us know how it goes! I'm curious to find out what happened.
0 Likes
OldLadyWho2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The manual is wrong. Clock goes to sleep. You have to tap oven on, then off to see it for another 10 minutes. Tech guy was actually face timing Samsung!

0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It happens, sometimes there's misprints the techs will probably forward the feedback to Samsung so they can update it.

0 Likes
OldLadyWho2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
They need to verify what they are putting into the manual before printing. This is a bad design. You should always be able to see the clock!
0 Likes