JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher DW80r7060 us- 5c error code

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 12:26 PM)
deangg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, my dishwasher started giving me 5c error codes yesterday. I cleaned the filter, drain pump, checked drain hoses and Che k valves, all ok. It drains fine but gives me the code after it drains, no standing water and water is flowing fine into dispisal. Pump impeller is free. I am an engineer, buy exclusively Samsung appliances and do most of my own repairs. Is there a sensor that I can replace that might be causing this. Frustrated in s bend...

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
deangg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

after further analysis, it turned out to be wine glass shards that evidently would intermittently jam the drain motor. got my shop vac in the sump and drain motor and was able to get them all out. good as new...

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Drain error

5C, SC, 5E, SE  

1. Inspect the dishwasher's drain connection at the sink.
  2. Check the drain hose.
  3. Run water in the sink that the dishwasher is connected to.
  4. Clean the drain, filter, and sump in the tub.

I would suggest resetting the Dishwasher and see if the code resets 

Resetting your dishwasher is easy. Unplug it (or turn off power at the circuit breaker), wait some time for the electrical charge to clear out of the dishwasher (usually 1 to 5 minutes at most), and then power it up again.

That's it. That's all it takes to reset.

It could be the overflow sensor that is going bad but wouldn't know unless it was tested 

I google Dishwasher DW80r7060 overflow sensor and came up with some 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Solution
deangg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

after further analysis, it turned out to be wine glass shards that evidently would intermittently jam the drain motor. got my shop vac in the sump and drain motor and was able to get them all out. good as new...

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
That's good to hear you were able to get it fixed

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes