I have a Samsung DW80j3020us dishwasher that is not cleaning properly. From what I am told the dishwasher must have the water heated to 120 degrees or greater to function properly. When I run the dishwasher and test the water temp sometimes it is 135 degrees and sometimes it is only ~85 degrees. All other faucets in the house run at a consistent 135 degrees. Any idea what is going on?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello there, I would be happy to make sure that your dishwasher is being used to its fullest :).
If your dishwasher has an error code or blinking lights, try to take care of that first. (see links below)
Blinking Lights: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001922/
If your dishes are not cleaned try the following steps below:
Never pre-rinse the dishes.
- It's a good idea to scrape large food pieces, like tomato chunks, pasta noodles, etc. off your pots, pans, and dishes before loading them. However, rinsing off all the sauce, grease, and other bits can cause a white film to form.
Pick the right cycle for the job.
- Heavy is best for tough to clean items like pots, pans, and casserole dishes.
- Normal is for everyday use.
- Auto makes sure dishes are cleaned with minimal water and energy usage.
Use rinse aid (like Cascade or Jet Dry).
- Samsung dishwashers are designed for use with rinse aid like Cascade or Jet Dry to reduce hard water film building up on the dishes. Like detergent, you can run a cycle without it, but you're not going to get the best performance.
Load the dishwasher properly.
- There's a right way and many wrong ways to load your dishwasher. Loading it the right way will greatly increase the cleaning performance. (see link below)
Use the recommended amount of detergent.
- Using too much or too little detergent can actually lead to issues with your dishwasher and leave an ugly white film behind.
- Note: If you find that you're using the manufacturer's recommended amount of detergent, but aren't seeing the results you'd like, try a competing brand.
Check the temperature of the water supply.
- Adjust your water heater to deliver water between 120-149 degrees Fahrenheit.
Check for obstructions.
- Make sure no dishes or utensils are blocking any of the moving parts in the dishwasher (nozzles, water reflector, and the dispenser). Also, make sure the spray arms rotate freely and the nozzles are not clogged with food particles.
Clean the dishwasher. (see link below for more details)
- Clean the interior of your dishwasher periodically to remove any soil, food particles and hard water buildup. Ideally, this should be every 24th cycle, but once a month is typically fine.
- Using the Self Clean cycle to remove hard water mineral deposits from inside the dishwasher. This can be done with a dishwasher cleaner, vinegar, or a citric acid powder. Do not add detergent for the Self Clean cycle.
If your detergent does not dispense try the link below:
If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
I have purchase Samsung Diswasher Model DW80K7050UG/AA about 4-5 months ago but used it only 4-5 times only. Each time we noticed that disches are not cleaned, even small/light food mark, which comes out just by scratching gently by hand or sponge, remains as it is after washing cycle. We have tried 3 different dishwashing soaps but not much improvement.
Looking for some suggestions/idea what could be wrong.