JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Electric Range burner gets too hot

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
James Paulus
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The main front right burner stays stuck on high no matter what number the temp control knob is turned to. It will shut off if the knob is adjusted after initially turning the knob. This is a brand new stove from Lowes Model Number: NSE6DG8300SRAA

UPDATE: See the first REPLY below

This is a safety issue and a potential fire hazard if you're not paying attention. It also seems to be a recurring problem with these stoves. Is it a Firmware issue?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @James Paulus! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your new range having this issue. The only troubleshooting we would have for this issue would be to attempt a power cycle on the range. If that doesn't help then as the range is so new an exchange would be recommended. Or if you prefer service will be required. As you range is so new you can either call in directly at 1-800-726-7864 or send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number.

View solution in context

2 Replies
James Paulus
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After some tinkering here's what I figured out:

• The problem is only with the front right (main) burner
  • If you turn the knob directly from -Off- and dead stop on any number, even low, the burner stays stuck on High (Hi)
  • If you turn the knob from -Off- to any number, pause, and then adjust the knob to any number, the burner goes off and starts to pulse heat like normal.
  • My Unprofessional Diagnosis: It seems that the software assumes the High (Hi) setting initially from the Off position since Hi is the first setting it passes when turned on. The knob is labeled such:  4  6  8 Hi --Off-- Hi  8  6  4  | it's as if the software assumes 'Hi' initially until it's interrupted with an adjustment.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @James Paulus! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your new range having this issue. The only troubleshooting we would have for this issue would be to attempt a power cycle on the range. If that doesn't help then as the range is so new an exchange would be recommended. Or if you prefer service will be required. As you range is so new you can either call in directly at 1-800-726-7864 or send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number.