Original topic:

Family hub 6.0 software update

(Topic created: 06-18-2021 05:00 AM)
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hi.
I am also very concerned about the new update to 6.0. I don't feel comfortable updating yet because it says I will lose a lot of the key features I use on the Family hub app. Moving everything to smartthings would be fine if all the current features from family hub app were brought over to the smartthings app. How can we possibly want to switch over if we are losing so many key features like memo, whiteboard, profiles for family members, shopping lists, photos and videos, .... and so on.
Please give everyone a little guidance on this issue because there is hardly any info out there on this topic. If this doesn't get resolved many new and existing family hub members are going to be so upset. Please advise on what is happening in the future of this update. As of now I am holding off on updating my fridge to 6.0.

Thank you so much
63 Replies
userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

was there a response to this?

0 Likes
userrWZRLv4DPA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I totally agree, if this is not fixed I figure Samsung owes me about 2000 dollars. I could have purchased a perfectly fine refrigerator for that much less than I paid for this family hub fiasco.
userep21TverMa
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I agree!! I am no longer able to use many of the features that I loved about the refrigerator and wish I would have never done the update! It is pointless to have the refrigerator now!

usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
All the previous functions must remain or this will not work. Samsung needs to address this to its current customers and the new customers. Will we regain all original functions of the family hub? How long until this gets resolved. People need to know. I am not updating to new software update until this is answered.
userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

any update if the features work fork for apple customers?

0 Likes
userkD9J4y7Iy6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The only way this Samsung product works with Apple is through the SmartTings app. And with TIZEN 6.0, Smartthings became much less usable.

user9r9lnGiZXO
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I guess customers are in the middle of a Samsung and Apple war about App usage. These big companies making it harder for the little guys, sad!

userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is what I received from a Samsung rep.  I have not purchased the fridge yet, so for those that are watching the thread...is this really a sync issue that you are seeing on your end?

"Thank you for reaching out. The features you are asking about, specifically the calendar, notes/whiteboard, and list features, are working once any sync issues are corrected. The Tizen operating system on the Family Hub will sometimes require some settings to be fine tuned, specifically when connecting to Apple devices. The only current feature we will be working on is the View Inside, which the engineering team is currently addressing."

userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is what I received from a Samsung rep.  I have not purchased the fridge yet, so for those that are watching the thread...is this really a sync issue that you are seeing on your end?

"Thank you for reaching out. The features you are asking about, specifically the calendar, notes/whiteboard, and list features, are working once any sync issues are corrected. The Tizen operating system on the Family Hub will sometimes require some settings to be fine tuned, specifically when connecting to Apple devices. The only current feature we will be working on is the View Inside, which the engineering team is currently addressing."

userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is what I received from a Samsung rep.  I have not purchased the fridge yet, so for those that are watching the thread...is this really a sync issue that you are seeing on your end? "Thank you for reaching out. The features you are asking about, specifically the calendar, notes/whiteboard, and list features, are working once any sync issues are corrected. The Tizen operating system on the Family Hub will sometimes require some settings to be fine tuned, specifically when connecting to Apple devices. The only current feature we will be working on is the View Inside, which the engineering team is currently addressing."