Original topic:

Family hub 6.0 software update

(Topic created: 05-26-2021 05:52 AM)
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hi.
I am also very concerned about the new update to 6.0. I don't feel comfortable updating yet because it says I will lose a lot of the key features I use on the Family hub app. Moving everything to smartthings would be fine if all the current features from family hub app were brought over to the smartthings app. How can we possibly want to switch over if we are losing so many key features like memo, whiteboard, profiles for family members, shopping lists, photos and videos, .... and so on.
Please give everyone a little guidance on this issue because there is hardly any info out there on this topic. If this doesn't get resolved many new and existing family hub members are going to be so upset. Please advise on what is happening in the future of this update. As of now I am holding off on updating my fridge to 6.0.

Thank you so much
JUMP TO SOLUTION
63 Replies
user07qd0y6EvM
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I agree with everything everyone has complained about the update to 6.0.  This update was ridiculous.  Similar to other's remarks, my Calendar app doesn't seem to work properly.  Not only is it smaller than previous, it's not showing my future events like it's supposed to.  For example, I may not have anything for today, but I have events tomorrow, the next day, and the next, and so on.  Aren't these in the "future"?  And let's not mention the Shopping List.  Why wasn't any Shopping List items from the old list moved to the new Shopping List?  How difficult would that have been?  This update wasn't an update; it was a total screw-over.  And what about moving from the Family Hub mobile app to the new SmartThings mobile app.  That also was stupidity.  I used to do software programming many years ago.  If I had released something like this, I would have been fired.  Come on Samsung, get your [edit] act together!

xhawkpilot
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Okay so let me get this straight, there's an update and it removes so much functionality of what was previously there? What genius installed this? It shouldn't even be allowed on the SmartThings app because right now it's acting pretty  stupid. For starters my what's inside has never ever worked. So I've already been bit disappointed with that. But now I can't sync my web pages to show up on my family board. Though I appreciate the cooking app that is in there I prefer to search on my phone and then send the page to the family Hub and now I can't do that. Samsung what have you done?

user5KNQKdX2DZ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

samsung. The 6.0 upgrade is ridiculous. You should be ashamed of what you have done. Some companies make improvements to software. You have made the software ridiculous. Simple things like the list which is super useful, is now difficult to access. The recipe app that shows the exact same recipe every day with no way to advance. Literally makes me question if the programmers have ever created anything before. 

Don't even start with the Alexa pop up etc. Now my fridge is trying to sell me software and programs. 

We went with the smart hub because of the apps. You have taken the useful ones away or made it ridiculous to access. We lament buying this and wish we had gone with LG's baller ice maker. 

Joemomma7
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

New family hub software is hot garage. My touchscreen stopped accepting touch control as soon as the software updated. I was told it's a hardware issue. I'm sorry a hardware issue caused by a software update? Get real. Then I was told today the software update was Bata, and next week new software is coming. Seriously? Lol these guys are clowns.