JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Freezer Light Still Not working After Replacing Light and Reed Switch

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 10:37 AM)
userUc747nwkU3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I have a Samsung rf28jbedbsr fridge and when you open the freezer drawer the light does not come on. I've tried replacing the LED light board, as well as the freezer drawer reed switch and it still doesnt work.

What is concerning is, if I open the flexzone door slightly (flexzone is the drawer right above the freezer drawer) the freezer light will pop on for a second and turn off. It makes me think the issue is within the flexzone drawer switch or somewhere else, on the main circuit board or something. So I know the freezer drawer actual light works, but something strange is going on. 

**The freezer door led light is actually housed in the bottom of the flexzone drawer, if that makes sense.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! We appreciate you sharing this. Since you have already replaced the light and it is still not working, we would recommend service at this time. If you purchased the refrigerator within the last year, it may still be under the manufacturer's warranty. You can reach out directly to any of the moderators here, with your full model and serial numbers, for more information about setting up service. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! We appreciate you sharing this. Since you have already replaced the light and it is still not working, we would recommend service at this time. If you purchased the refrigerator within the last year, it may still be under the manufacturer's warranty. You can reach out directly to any of the moderators here, with your full model and serial numbers, for more information about setting up service.