JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Glass top cracked while simmering

(Topic created: 05-29-2024 09:45 AM)
JenA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I am so upset!  Our stove is less than 3 years old and last night while simmering taco meat I went into the next room and my husband and I heard a loud pop and the stove top had cracked!  It was the front left "rapid boil" burner that I rarely use and already cooked the onions, garlic, meat....on medium heat, added spices and a little water put the lid on and put it on simmer....that's all.  Normal use of what I have been doing for the last 2 years.  What do I do?  I'm in tears!  I do a lot of entertaining and now I can't use my stove! Wondering if I can cook on the other side or is it going to blow up on me?  The crack (s) is on that front "rapid boil" burner that never seems to work and why I don't use that burner much, but the crack went back to the rear burner and the middle of the stove. Model # NE63A6511SS/AA

2 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Sorry to hear this I would suggest contacting support for help with this issue.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, JenA! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your glass cooktop, and definitely understand the concerns. Please do not use the cooktop until it has been repaired to ensure no further damages or potential injuries occur. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you