JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I remove the light bulb cover NQ70M7770DS?

(Topic created: 02-10-2021 07:36 PM)
userKpzC6Os7yN
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've spent hours looking on the internet on how to remove the two square glass light bulb covers on the roof of my wall oven, model NQ70M7770DS. I'm pretty sure they just pry down, but when I do, it sounds like glass crunching and I'm afraid that I'll break it. The owner's manual says "remove the cover". (Well... duh!) but doesn't say how to or once you get it off, what type of bulb to buy. 

2 Replies
useruOTgiLaUCR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We're having the same problem. A Best Buy technician was out here, and he couldn't remove the glass cover to the light. The Samsung customer service is useless. I called them twice, and they merely read from page 75 of the owner's manual which says "to remove light cover." I you do find a solution, please post. I'll do the same. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Solution
userKpzC6Os7yN
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just figured it out. I used a butter knife to pry the glass out (lots of crunching noises). It is held in place by the two short sides with two little pressure clips. Pry just the glass and not the thin metal above it. That is the housing for the light socket. Underneath the rectangular glass is a round (ish) piece of glass that you need to unscrew to get to the halogen bulb. Pull straight down on the old bulb and it will come out. You might need to rock it back and forth a little. When you replace it (G9 base, 120v, 40 watt), use a tissue or something to hold the new bulb so you don't get your finger oils on it. That will cause it to break from the uneven heat. I accidentally dropped my glass cover onto my tile floor and it shattered into a million pieces. I asked a Samsung tech what is the part number so that I could order a new piece of glass. It was a guessing game. The one on the "official" Samsung site lists it for over a hundred bucks. For a piece of glass!! DON'T BREAK IT!!