JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice maker not dropping ice RS27T5561SR/AA

(Topic created: 05-25-2023 07:22 PM)
adean57
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our side by side refrigerator has an ice maker on the inside of the freezer door.  Ice is created but does not automatically drop into the ice bucket.  I have gone through the troubleshooting steps.  First, trying to test the ice maker.  The online manuel says I should hear three beeps when I press and hold the test button and the test may take several minutes.   I hear nothing, but when I press the button, the mechanism immediately engages and the ice tray drops ice into the bucket.  The tray returns to its position and I can hear the water fill the tray.  Then there is one chime.  The manual claims that one chime indicates the ice maker has been reset.  The ice is created but it does not automatically dump the ice.

I wonder if the external temperature has anything to do with it.  On family hub fridge settings, it shows an external temperature of 75 degrees F.  The refrigerator is surrounded by cabinets with a 1-inch gap around the fridge.

1 Reply
Solution
adean57
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Repairman visited today.  He noticed the freezer fan was straining and not blowing fast.  He has ordered a new one and will install it next week.